Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Side Warper Craft - Niartialne
2017-09-03, 10:37 PM
RE: Side Warper Craft - Niartialne
(2017-09-02 10:42 PM)Resolas Wrote:  When it comes to laser shields, its either gonna warp around its opponent's sides or use PACs against its front. I find it quite common that FBs rarely have side/rear facing laser shields, it will still do some damage but very little (wavefront), its laser system isn't very big, maybe I could sacrifice some energy storage for more laser pumps Idea

Probably won't help to be honest, unless you haven't used the 3m pumps, because you can turn them on their side to basically get 8 pumps on a cavity. i'm in the conceptual phase of an anti FB ship that's really just intended to have a significantly higher power to cost ratio than most FBs so it can sit ~3-4 klicks away unloading lasers until the FB's engine can't keep the batteries charged and the damage finally gets through. the cost of course comes in the form of less protection. It doesn't use wavefront because wavefront really only helps against single layer smoke. It's useless against multiple layers of anything and a laser dumping it's full energy into a laser shield i've found to be marginally more effective because you'll drain the batteries more quickly robbing the enemy of the laser shields (eventually) and hindering their PACs/railguns. Pretty much untill shields get balanced it's gonna be a brute force numbers game power in -> power out Sad

-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-04, 08:03 AM
(2017-09-03 10:37 PM)Lincrono Wrote:  Probably won't help to be honest, unless you haven't used the 3m pumps, because you can turn them on their side to basically get 8 pumps on a cavity.

Ave!

I have done a tetrised laser with 3m pumps and one input cavities, the little Ts fitting nicely, and the laser working (without any calculations) on my part as a continual LAMS.
Maybe a thing to try?

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

"Why did you reposted your question, there is a thread for that already"
versus
"Why didn't you made a new topic, instead necroing this one"
Humanz Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-04, 05:40 PM
Maybe I should've said batteries not energy storage, I have a huge electricity surplus to maintain all the PACs and warp drives, constantly maintained by steam turbines to the max, I could replace
some of them for more cavities and possibly more engines to power them, in which I could place tetrised single input 3m pumps cavities

- Chances of uploading BP 1/100
- Ships/Crafts must be good looking while fighting to make fights exciting, other than having a metabrick only to make it boring...
Find all posts by this user