Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Side Warper Craft - Niartialne
2017-08-30, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-01 03:35 PM by Resolas.)
Side Warper Craft - Niartialne
You may have seen this craft around the teasers and such, just not bothered to give it an actual thread back then... Well I've built this craft in response to the warp concept used by the Singularity right after the big SD craft update was introduced, so you can somehow say that the inspiration came from it. I'm not up to have this craft for download apparently, its a private craft... So I might as well provide as much stats as possible

Smaller than most of my crafts that I've built, but this craft is by far much more powerful compared to most of my Red Division crafts, yet it only dishes out a reasonable amount of damage and whittle them down in the long run, the Niartialne can single-handedly take down my most powerful red craft the Ledaldus, as the title implies, its a side warper, much like the Singularity it warps sideways to evade oncoming fire. This is more of a hybrid fuel engine craft with small steam engines, it mainly uses ion thrusters as its forward propulsion, so out of combat it flies at a higher altitude to gain additional speed. Overall it doesn't have the heaviest weapons systems it can still take down the largest of vehicles and even more devastating to airships and such with or without smoke. Its warping patterns are rather irregular, making predictions harder for the majority of crafts to even land a hit with a shell

Also it doesn't work well fighting fast targets, usually it ends in a stalemate. Probably goes the same for heavily armoured water based ships, overall it is capable of taking down most crafts well over the RP ratio or volume even. It has also been proven deadly for its piercing PACs, popping crafts with internals mainly fitted with ammo racks or APS systems, unless it has ejectors. Sadly because of attenuation the PAC firepower degrades vastly because of the craft keeping hanging around 2km+...

Lore
A mainstay war machine of the Blue Division, this unusual looking craft will devastate any unwieldy craft with a series of lasers and particle cannons, as a result, it brings a mighty hammer upon even the largest hulking Red Division gunships. The Niartialne was originally designed for space combat and invading foreign offending civilizations, seeing how effective these crafts were to imbue mass disarray upon their foes, they were then refitted to combat the Red Division, although unable to enter space, and rather slow in high air densities, they were forced to travel in higher altitudes.

During its development program, it was developed alongside with the Redacted the first generation space voyager, the Niartialne is meant to guard the voyager from space threats, later, as soon as the original lead developing clan was brought down by a siege. It was then passed on to the co-developing clan, only which they took a bold development action to modify the vessel to invade foreign worlds in their air space as vengeance. The modification sacrificed its ability to re-enter space, thus causing technological disputes between the two development programs. As a result the voyager was modified at its near end development stage to carry the vessels with it into space

Statistics
Cost = RP 250K
Blocks = 6360
Volume = 14.5K
Average Top Speed = 40m/s out of combat
L = 83m
W = 95m
H = 12m
Power = 50K Hybrid Fuel + Small Steam
Energy = 1851000
Fuel = 293000
Ammo = 0
Repair = 8 bots, no tentacles

Armaments
- Dual Laser Pods X2
- 6 wing integrated PACs (secondary lens) Inner = 120 Mid = 121 Outer = 150 tubing Overclock = 1.33

Defenses
- Forward light layered shielding, Laser shielding included
- 3 Warp Drives

[Image: XGkHU8t.jpg]
[Image: A7ixXJ4.jpg]
[Image: t1sG7bl.jpg]
[Image: MolGGWH.jpg]
[Image: K2zhBj7.jpg]
[Image: MJC27u9.jpg]

Summary
After doing battle testing with this thing, it appears to be a threat to almost any forward broadsider craft it faces, being a cost effective craft of 250K, it takes down crafts 2 or 3 times its cost
If it means being a threat almost any forward broadsider, that includes the event horizon, HRA-7 Revenger, Ledaldus and so on, 'still continues to look for more aesthetically pleasing FBs to test on' when comes to 2v2 the Niartialne was an absolute nightmare, when alone not so much, but no one can hit it anyways. It continues to whittle them down until it hits an ammo rack eventually.

In a 2v2, whenever one of craft's warp drives gets disabled via warping accidents it happens... The rest shifts onto the active warper, then the other gets it repaired, so there's pretty much no hope for the FBs in a team battle, and the cycle continues.

The warper's only very weakness is terrain... Like every other warp craft, and that causes the 'warp accident'

- Squeezes as much power out from steam engines before they break
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-30, 02:09 PM
RE: Side Warper Craft - Niartialne
Men, this craft is gorgeous ! I wish I had the blueprint to dissect it ^^

If you think my spelling is weird, well... I'm french, so you're right
2017-08-30, 02:31 PM
Unique as always. It's hard to me to finalize my skill to achieve I working on... heh heh... "Thievery Achievement". Don't worry, ya styles still that nobody will attempt to copy ya designs. Carry on~!

[Image: LFKkJlX.png?1]
[Image: 8AIFkbk.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-30, 03:06 PM
Stunningly beautiful design, seems like it lacks a bit in the firepower department though
2017-08-30, 03:44 PM
(2017-08-30 03:06 PM)Shiroi_Okami Wrote:  Stunningly beautiful design, seems like it lacks a bit in the firepower department though

Quote:yet it only dishes out a reasonable amount of damage and whittle them down in the long run

Firepower isn't the main focus on this craft, what it does best is evading enemy fire.
The PACs are the ones that deliver the killing blow, by hitting ammo racks and such. If only the main firing piece ain't so bulky or at least have an extender to place in front of it... It would've done more damage if so

2017-09-01, 12:08 AM
Please upload the BP.
2017-09-01, 01:38 AM
The chances of uploading it is "1/100" a bit greedy aren't ya? Undecided and OP has been updated

2017-09-01, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-01 03:33 AM by Shiroi_Okami.)
(2017-09-01 01:38 AM)Resolas Wrote:  The chances of uploading it is "1/100" a bit greedy aren't ya? Undecided and OP has been updated

What? In a forum where the custom is to post a blueprint alongside a creation, it's not greedy to ask for a BP when you decided to hide it for whatever reason.

And I don't understand the 1/100 thing unless you literally roll a dice every time you make something that decides if you post a BP or not. This whole thing doesn't make sense to me at all.

Also re my firepower point, you've built a warping front broadsider that keeps at long range, and then chosen the two weapon systems for it that are weakest at range. An inferring from the fact you've only got 50k power in there (Having to infer because no BP), one can assume that those lasers and PACs are quite weak, as 50k power is not much for a craft that relies entirely on those weapon systems, at that sort of range. This makes me think that even though it could avoid shots all day, as soon as it comes up against something armoured that has the capacity to repair (campaign designs don't repair), it won't be able to deal enough damage to actually sink anything. My point is 'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee', is all well and good, but this thrustercraft doesn't appear to have much sting, while having a lot of floating butterfly
2017-09-01, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-01 12:14 PM by Kaonicping.)
(2017-09-01 02:46 AM)Shiroi_Okami Wrote:  
(2017-09-01 01:38 AM)Resolas Wrote:  The chances of uploading it is "1/100" a bit greedy aren't ya? Undecided and OP has been updated

What? In a forum where the custom is to post a blueprint alongside a creation, it's not greedy to ask for a BP when you decided to hide it for whatever reason.

And I don't understand the 1/100 thing unless you literally roll a dice every time you make something that decides if you post a BP or not. This whole thing doesn't make sense to me at all.

Also re my firepower point, you've built a warping front broadsider that keeps at long range, and then chosen the two weapon systems for it that are weakest at range. An inferring from the fact you've only got 50k power in there (Having to infer because no BP), one can assume that those lasers and PACs are quite weak, as 50k power is not much for a craft that relies entirely on those weapon systems, at that sort of range. This makes me think that even though it could avoid shots all day, as soon as it comes up against something armoured that has the capacity to repair (campaign designs don't repair), it won't be able to deal enough damage to actually sink anything. My point is 'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee', is all well and good, but this thrustercraft doesn't appear to have much sting, while having a lot of floating butterfly

If you're side-warping constantly, hitscan is the only option. But yes, I don't see why you don't upload the BP, that's pretty normal practice for a thread in the 'Your own vehicle blueprints forum.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-09-01, 03:11 PM
(2017-08-30 01:46 PM)Resolas Wrote:  HRA-5 Revenger

Uh, are you sure you got the right ship there?

booooooooooooo

Threads in "Your own vehicle blueprints" should contain the BP. If not, put them in teasers or something.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user