Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Overseer Security Fleet [New Battlecruiser]
2017-09-03, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-04 09:00 PM by axwell.)
RE: Overseer Security Fleet [NEW CRUISER]
[Image: oCiwYSz.png]
[Image: UuRQZti.png]
not happy with the Warden aesthetically in comparison to the Vigilant and Sentinel. May try to repaint.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-04, 09:06 PM
Could anyone help me fix the rear turret of the SS Warden? It never seems to react correctly and gets stuck on the smokestack.
2017-09-04, 09:18 PM
Something really is weird is happening with that turret on my PC. The turret block is restricted but the cannon isn't and for some reason its half the time ignoring the turret's restrictions.

I suggest setting something like this to BOTH the turret block and the gun.
[Image: q67N6ey.jpg]

If that doesn't solve the issue (it did on my side) I might not be understanding what's up.

(2016-10-27 12:13 AM)Chromoid Wrote:  AdNecrias, you have earned this:
[Image: EObLzKD.png]
Bear it with pride, my friend. *salute*
2017-09-04, 10:18 PM
have to agree with your assessment of the warden's aesthetics. The other ships you field feature a near-future style. The Warden looks like a mix of Pre-WWI and Inter-War style construction.

And the wood . . . the wood deck comes out of no where.

-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.
2017-09-04, 10:51 PM
Yeah I wanted to make something semi realistic with dreadnought turrets which makes no sense with the rest of OSF and I guess i just had a wood deck because of the realistic part. Thanks, I'll get to "modernizing" it.
2017-09-06, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-06 01:11 AM by axwell.)
I've decided that I'm going to convert the Warden to a non OSF vehicle and change paint and other things to resemble the pre-War era style I was going for. I've been inspired by the Mini Thyr and want to build a 2/3 scale Sentinel.
+removing rear turrets that come out of the top, replacing them with a BP spawned and plans for a new cram bomber.
2017-09-10, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-10 08:12 PM by axwell.)
Welcome the newest addition to the fleet, the Mark IV Restless. Like the Sentinel, it uses airship style fighting to bring down larger surface ships with aerial bombardment. It has 4 wing mounted cruise missiles and 12 AA short range missiles. It has a dual 400mm mortar firing HE inertial shells.
[Image: PitpiK6.png]
[Image: 58Qq5mx.png]
The Sentinel has also been optimized for better combat performance and will eventually have a defensive Restless ready to launch from the rear deck.
What should I build next?
2017-10-06, 01:48 AM
New ship Conservator.
2017-10-06, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-06 09:21 AM by Normal69.)
RE: Overseer Security Fleet [New Battlecruiser]
Thank you for these bits of info:
Lincrono: "AI control PIDs do not stabilize when you are using player controls." - this will be good for pilot controls overriding
Adnecrias: "I suggest setting something like this to BOTH the turret block and the gun."

aXwell:
Your units are nice, you can definitely shape, paint, and pimp out your ride well.

If you aren't fully into honest, correct, not cheesed units here are some of my evil, underhanded tricks applicable to your units:
-in the case of smaller units, a 2-way turret with a far projected, weak, and big shield and an unconnected laser combiner will turn the shield towards the enemy offering all-around protection against small caliber sabot spam (for example: Restless mark IV)
-a turret with detectors inside will see out of the vehicle, this extends to munition detectors too
-I think you use intra-vehicle transmitters for shared detection
-experiment proved with cannons having no ammo racks, loaders+input feeders which are bigger than the shell providing nice firerate while being less explosive if you also take care of cooldowns
-small caliber cannons with belt fed loaders work best if you attach only one ammo rack/beltfed loader
-if you are using CIWS with flak or explosive rounds, they take out a lot of enemy missiles - that can be multipurposed if you attach a weapon controller _and_ a ciws controller both (easiest with 3*3 turret base) - first they will fire at missiles, if no applicable targets are found, they will target enemies
-I think you may already know that passive sonars are detecting sonar torpedoes for anti-torp torps, ciws and lams
-if you put in lams, set them to 150-100m if you are using continous (without Q switches) lasers - that gave me the best protection ratio, while conserving laser energy
-all things targeted by the enemy should go to the back of the ship - there is a good chance your ship won't be there when the shells arrive

There are more evil cheesy ones, but I don't want to disturb your sanity.

Also if you want to test your units, and receive reports about it, feel free to seek our butchers, erm, scientists here:
http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/a...30007.html

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-10-09, 04:06 AM
RE: Overseer Security Fleet [New Battlecruiser]
Very confused as to why the Vigilant is the most popular blueprint by a long shot, maybe I should stick to submarines?