Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SS] Replacement Request "Cinder" Helicopter
2017-07-28, 05:06 AM
[SS] Replacement Request "Cinder" Helicopter
Looking for a replacement for the SS Helicopter Unit "Cinder"

It looks pretty bad and outdated, plus it flies like crap. (I can call it crap, it was my design)

Looking for a new design.

If you build a realistic Helicopter, something like an Apache then it must be realistically sized (small).
So, if you want to build something larger, go with a Sci fi style.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-28, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-07-28 05:47 PM by Lightning Foods.)
RE: [SS] Replacement Request "Cinder" Helicopter
I made a realistic helicopter, though this is pretty weak even though larger than real attack helicopter.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  Magpie.blueprint (Size: 52.02 KB / Downloads: 15)
2017-07-30, 08:23 PM
I made one my self, its smaller than the original cinder,
its mostly made out of alloy but has some metal beams in the front to help with weight balancing. added a strafe thruster to fit with the other strafing choppers.

weaponry:
a 10 rpm 333mm hesh blaster
2x 5m frag missiles
2x 3m missile intercepters

[Image: unknown.png]

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Cinder.blueprint (Size: 57.34 KB / Downloads: 14)

FIRE ZE CANNONS!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-12, 09:55 PM
Hi Majyst, I've been advised by 7thfleet to send in a possible replacement of the Cinder. Unlike the other contesters, this is a larger replacement, with a more futuristic quad-rotor design.
This gunship has a top speed of 43 m/s, is equiped with counter-rotating props and features the following weapons:

Weapon loadout:
Main guns: One underside turret, 3x80mm, 120RPM Frag
Secondary guns: One underside Single Autocannon turret
Two topside Dual Autocannon turrets
Missiles: Eight 2000 m ranged missiles in forward facing launchers
Twelve 2400 m ranged missiles in underside launchers.

The underside missiles can be replaced with torpedoes if this gunship be expected to fight against ships.

Her cost is just shy of 30k, blockcount 1787 and volume 2642. She'll kill two Cinders in a fair fight, against three shy consistently loses.

She has light shielding, and uses flares to at least be able to dodge some missiles.

[Image: tXMeUYB.jpg]

[Image: ZynIwlx.jpg]

[Image: Ivttm3T.jpg]

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  SS Valkyrie.blueprint (Size: 119.78 KB / Downloads: 13)

Procrastination level is over 9000
2017-08-16, 09:42 AM
Alright, I think this thread has sat around long enough for anybody that wants to build something to do so. So, im gunna make my pick.

Getting straight to the point, The design named Cinder that Awellner made is the one Ill take, and here is why.

Lightning Foods, Magpie: Overall its a nice design, but the outside is too busy, too cluttered. Firing computers, Fuel tanks, Ammo processors, Missile Ejectors, ACBs, all of it is on the outside and a bit messy.
In addition, its very similar to the shadowcat in function, both having missiles and front fixed gatling cannons.

Eagles, Valiant: I always appreciate a Helicopter that is different, and this one does that. However, the overall Hull was rather boring. It has some contouring but not much interesting details on the top. The bottom had some cool stuff, but that was mostly to accommodate the weapon systems and sensors, the Hull itself didnt have much going.

Awellner, Cinder: Very similar to the Shadowcat in appearance, this one has some cool details with an overall clean body. Everything blends together interestingly and smooth.
The Body does feel rather Fat, but im not one to fat shame something so Ill let it go.
Function, sure its got some similarities to Shadowcat, but those are still fairly different.
Turreted Big cannon instead of Fixed Gatling, Less missiles but its got the Autocannons that at least look cool even if they are nearly useless when the player is fighting SS.

So thats it, I need to tweak something on the Cinder then its getting saved over the old one.

Thank you all, its always nice to have a few choices of designs to pick from.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds