Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PIDs breaking after placing cards
2017-07-23, 03:18 AM
PIDs breaking after placing cards
After placing an Aerial AI card PIDs placed do not show anything on their graphs, ones placed before may but I haven't gotten around to replicating that yet. Once a PID has been placed without a working graph no further PIDs placed on the craft will, saving and loading doesn't fix it nor does deleting, replacing or otherwise altering the AI, PIDs or cards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-24, 01:07 PM
RE: PIDs breaking after placing cards
(2017-07-23 03:18 AM)FortySixnTwo Wrote:  After placing an Aerial AI card PIDs placed do not show anything on their graphs, ones placed before may but I haven't gotten around to replicating that yet. Once a PID has been placed without a working graph no further PIDs placed on the craft will, saving and loading doesn't fix it nor does deleting, replacing or otherwise altering the AI, PIDs or cards.

No?
2017-07-30, 01:50 PM
(2017-07-24 01:07 PM)FortySixnTwo Wrote:  
(2017-07-23 03:18 AM)FortySixnTwo Wrote:  After placing an Aerial AI card PIDs placed do not show anything on their graphs, ones placed before may but I haven't gotten around to replicating that yet. Once a PID has been placed without a working graph no further PIDs placed on the craft will, saving and loading doesn't fix it nor does deleting, replacing or otherwise altering the AI, PIDs or cards.

No?

I have this same problem on a large airship that definitely would benefit from some aerial pitch control. I thought I was doing something wrong. How many blocks large is your vehicle where you noticed this problem?
2017-08-28, 05:02 PM

I'm having the same issue, it's been bugging me for quite a while and as you said nothing seems to fix it. I've deleted some pretty useful designs because of this bug.
2017-08-28, 06:22 PM
It's probably the same as this bug and this one.
It's also on the shields and fuel engines, and probably the detection components as well.

It's probably due to something linked to Unity 5 and either the Vectrosity version used by FtD or how Vectrosity is used.
2017-08-29, 10:26 AM
Which kind of PIDs? There are the control and ai group ones. Both?

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-29, 12:43 PM
(2017-08-29 10:26 AM)Normal69 Wrote:  Which kind of PIDs? There are the control and ai group ones. Both?

For me it was the GP PIDs, but in fact, anything with a graph is bound to have problems in FtD, that's a bug generic to the graphs.
2017-08-29, 09:43 PM
(2017-08-29 12:43 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  
(2017-08-29 10:26 AM)Normal69 Wrote:  Which kind of PIDs? There are the control and ai group ones. Both?

For me it was the GP PIDs, but in fact, anything with a graph is bound to have problems in FtD, that's a bug generic to the graphs.

Same for me
2017-08-30, 09:52 AM
Would you kindly attach the logs zipped in for the devs?

I will try out when I get home from work.
I should place a pid, then place an ai+cardholder+aerial ai, then look into the PID again?
What is GP? AI group?

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-30, 10:45 AM
(2017-08-30 09:52 AM)Normal69 Wrote:  Would you kindly attach the logs zipped in for the devs?
I've already given the related exceptions in my bug reports, with steps to reproduce the problem 100% of the time, that should be more than enough to fix the bug.
But it's true that it's always a good idea to provide the log.

(2017-08-30 09:52 AM)Normal69 Wrote:  I will try out when I get home from work.
I should place a pid, then place an ai+cardholder+aerial ai, then look into the PID again?
Try the steps given in this bug report.

(2017-08-30 09:52 AM)Normal69 Wrote:  What is GP? AI group?
A GP PID is a general Purpose PID, the one that do not need AI in the 'Control' tab.