Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crams wont fire/ Machine Gun friendly fire
2017-07-15, 11:41 PM
Crams wont fire/ Machine Gun friendly fire
The 2 double barrel Crams in the back wont fire and i cant figure out for the life of me why... and the 2 smaller 6 barrel APS keep shooting the larger APS turrets with 3 barrels in the back and destroying them and i cant seem to stop that either! any ideas greatly appreciated thanks.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Bunker.blueprint (Size: 361.2 KB / Downloads: 7)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-15, 11:53 PM
RE: Crams wont fire/ Machine Gun friendly fire
Will take a look at it. The APS turrets is a relatively simple problem but hard to fix. Since both objects are on separate turrets (Subobjects), the failsafe doesn't recognize the larger turret as even being in front of it, thus it fires. You can either manually set firing restrictions or reposition the turrets (If possible).

The cram I'll take a look at shortly.

^ *Has a serious problem when it comes to building.... Can never bother to change out of the wood building blocks*
Also loves making things fly..... Even if they really shouldn`t.
Makes the dirtiest, grimiest, Cringeworthy ship related puns ever.
[Image: aq47WXu.png]
2017-07-16, 12:33 AM
Alright, I did some changes and I've found the problem with the cram cannons. They are targeting properly, however due to their weight coupled with the crams already poor vertical traverse rate it means that the cannons are stuck in the "aiming" phase due to not being able to properly keep up with the aim adjustments. This could also mean that how your detection and aiming is set up is interfering with the CRAMs firing.
I fixed it by removing the turret armor (Especially the heavy armor) it was able to fire continuously after that. So lowering the weight of that turret could pretty easily solve it. Lowering the gauge may also help, but I don't think it's worth lowering the damage. Waiting for 2.0 with powered turrets may also help, but it will cost engine power to increase traverse rate. The other way to solve it may be to tweak your AI or give the cram cannons their own mainframe to aim differently. I'm stupid when it comes to detection so I don't know what you could do there.

I'd say the best fix is to just lower the weight of the turret and give it some powered traverse when 2.0 hits. Their position and the structures static position means it's unlikely they'll be prioritized first so armoring them isn't too necessary. Plus gauge increasers have pretty decent armor stats themselves on their own, so switching to an alloy/metal construction won't be too much a detriment.

I looked at the AA also in question. It really isn't a problem with the failsafe but rather the AA guns position. Failsafes are kinda wonky in that the check doesn't always work causing it to occasionally fire shots that clip structures in front of them, recognized or not. This is especially apparent when they are actively adjusting to a targets maneuvering. You could increased the failsafes check range, but it's only limiting the fire ability of the AA. I would suggest moving it in front of the Triple Turrets and having the triple turrets be in a super firing position over them so that both can fire. Could do that with the CRAM cannons as well, but generally it'll be pretty fine I think.

So TL;DR: Make the CRAM turrets lighter/change the detection. Swap the positions of the AA guns and triple cannons and make the Triple cannon taller to allow it to fire over (Could make the AA gun taller too if you like the positions)

^ *Has a serious problem when it comes to building.... Can never bother to change out of the wood building blocks*
Also loves making things fly..... Even if they really shouldn`t.
Makes the dirtiest, grimiest, Cringeworthy ship related puns ever.
[Image: aq47WXu.png]
2017-07-16, 12:37 AM
thanks a bunch man appreciate it
2017-07-18, 09:16 AM
One tip I learnt from watching Lathrix' first videos of the recent Neter series: mix in a motor driven barrel or 2 instead of elevation barrels, they improve the movement speed from the barrels by quite a bit.

Most of the time my CRAMs ought to be too slow to elevate in time, this helped a lot.

(2017-06-19 03:02 PM)Guaibee Wrote:  Every once in a while I see a surge of replies on multiple threads from the same person...
spooling up reply surge...