Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i get my higher level profile back
2017-07-14, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-07-14 06:59 PM by Brattytyler29.)
how do i get my higher level profile back
this morning I went to my old laptop to get some of my old ships but after I uploaded them to the workshop but when I went to my current pc it has my ships but it gave me the campaign And levels from that laptop is there a way to get my newer and higher level profile back?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-14, 07:34 PM
RE: how do i get my higher level profile back
I don't think so. By syncing your cloud data like that you shared everything which could override old data, even outdated blueprints. So if you had any blueprints you had started a long time ago on your laptop, refined on your PC and wanted to keep then those are likely gone.
2017-07-15, 03:27 AM
(2017-07-14 07:34 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  I don't think so. By syncing your cloud data like that you shared everything which could override old data, even outdated blueprints. So if you had any blueprints you had started a long time ago on your laptop, refined on your PC and wanted to keep then those are likely gone.
but the odd thing is it kept the ships and some of my prefabs but it changed my accounts
2017-07-15, 02:56 PM
(2017-07-15 03:27 AM)Brattytyler29 Wrote:  
(2017-07-14 07:34 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  I don't think so. By syncing your cloud data like that you shared everything which could override old data, even outdated blueprints. So if you had any blueprints you had started a long time ago on your laptop, refined on your PC and wanted to keep then those are likely gone.
but the odd thing is it kept the ships and some of my prefabs but it changed my accounts

It overwrites data which you already had, it doesn't delete anything. So every project you started on your PC is totally fine, but if there was a version of it on the laptop then that one will show up now. I've encountered the issue once before, but I didn't end up losing too much I cared about because the gap between the last time I used my PC wasn't that long.
2017-07-17, 02:08 PM
If you don't have a backup of it you could try an "un-delete" program to bring back a previous version or use windows previous version snapshots to revert your profile.
Apart from those if the steam cloud has a different profile there's not much you can do

[Image: 831b674a58.jpg]