Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
My Adventure(s)
2017-10-30, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-30 01:25 AM by Paintminer.)
RE: My Adventure(s)
Adventure 14

I am getting fed up with constantly dying so I attempted to encourage easier spawns by setting the weight of DWG crafts to zero.

My ship when the first enemy spawns:
[Image: TwkiM0q.jpg]

Apparently that little change didn't do what I wanted it to do because two WF crafts spawned. One of them didn't move while the other headed towards me at full force.
[Image: vrn01Ua.jpg]

Incoming missiles...

...And I'm standing out in the open when they explode and blast shrapnel everywhere.

DEATH
[Image: fdUP2Ip.jpg]

Note to self: Maybe I should be in the bunker that I made for myself.

Kill Count
Total Kills: 0
Total FP Cost: 0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-30, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-30 01:46 AM by Paintminer.)
Okay so I just put all the weights of everything but the DWG to 100 to determine if it actually effects anything.

Results:
SS Helicopter
DWG Ship
SS Ship
TG Dronecarrier
OW Ship
DWG Ship
WF Ship
DWG Ship
LH Airplane
DWG Ship
WF Hovercraft
OW Ship
OW Ship
WF Hovercraft

Conclusion: Weights don't matter, or are not a large enough factor to reduce tough enemy spawns.

Oh well there goes that idea...
2017-10-30, 11:56 PM
Hm, I feel like you are trying to headbutt through a wall here with doing the same everytime.
Adventure mode is about the diversity of encounters and ways of play.
The massive damage output of the simple laser aside, the 500m Range can be a real limiting factor.
Maybe switch it up with different weapon systems like torpedos or (rail)guns or vehicle types like a sub or airship (doesn't take much to make anything fly)

Some may know me as the most boring, consistent person on the planet, others as the most irritating erratic.
If you can't make sense of my sentence structuring, don't worry. Me neither. Language and I are at odds sometimes.
2017-11-06, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-06 03:11 AM by Paintminer.)
Nah, my idea worked once before, so I think doing the same thing over and over again will eventually work.

Adventure 15

My ship when first enemy spawns:
[Image: cShAJdR.jpg]

See? Just keep doing the usual. Making simple laser turrets. Nothing else.

Anyway, the first ship that spawns is a wanderlust. I mad- I mean, I was considering building a missile turret, and the fact that the first ship that spawns has missile defenses makes the choice of whenever or not to make one an easy task.
[Image: ZG8xbrQ.jpg]

A WF ship spawns in and closes in on the Wanderlust.

Also, here's a random picture I took. Not sure why I took it.
[Image: YvLyIZC.jpg?1]

I hacked into a database on an enemy ship that was launching missiles at the two enemies. Unfortunately, the missiles were just short of fuel. Fortunately, I got to watch the collision between the two.
[Image: CZHIQhC.jpg]

A large scale war happens spontaneously as more WF and DWG ships spawn in. Luckily, none target me (I think).
[Image: qWlZvxx.jpg]

Because of me having some confusion of what to build next, I stop for the night. Some suggestions would be nice. I have ~2500 resource.

My ship so far:
[Image: Q2au2Sp.jpg]

Kill Count
Total Kills: 0
Total FP Cost: 0
2017-11-06, 03:33 PM
Try adding just a couple small, two torpedo or missile turrets. Make them long (10-12 blocks), with plenty of fuel and a regulator for torpedoes. They have 4-6km range, depending on which you choose, and a massive payload, with little cost. Make sure to have ~4 ammo barrels per missile to get enough reload. (6 lets you constantly fire, never waiting for ammo, but 4 works to limit ammo storage for a decent fire rate and sustainability. Fire them in the general direction of your enemy, and with radar missiles, at the largest enemy.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast