Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[GT] Thunderclap - dispersing & fixing anti-laser smoke dispensers
2017-07-07, 09:14 PM
[GT] Thunderclap - dispersing & fixing anti-laser smoke dispensers
After taking a look at the Thunderclap (due to seeing its laser defenses not working correctly against Lathrix) I noticed that the design's laser smoke dispensers were concentrated on a single point, and seemed to lack a laser warner, so I opted to go ahead and disperse them more widely across the hull, with each cluster having its own warner. Also fixed the LWC's that ended up getting set to only target enemies with a speed of 50m/s or less.

I also noticed that the ship had a very long broadside minimum range of almost 1400m, which I've now shortened to ~700.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Thunderclap.blueprint (Size: 656.55 KB / Downloads: 13)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-08, 01:47 AM
RE: [GT] Thunderclap - dispersing & fixing anti-laser smoke dispensers
(2017-07-07 09:14 PM)Zagskrag Wrote:  After taking a look at the Thunderclap (due to seeing its laser defenses not working correctly against Lathrix) I noticed that the design's laser smoke dispensers were concentrated on a single point, and seemed to lack a laser warner, so I opted to go ahead and disperse them more widely across the hull, with each cluster having its own warner. Also fixed the LWC's that ended up getting set to only target enemies with a speed of 50m/s or less.

I also noticed that the ship had a very long broadside minimum range of almost 1400m, which I've now shortened to ~700.

Yeah, that broadside distance was annoying in the video, glad you fixed it. I didn't notice any lams issues, just take you word for it.
Still out of the country for an another week, so I'll collect when I get home.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2017-07-08, 04:39 AM
No LAMS issues really, other than there not being a lot of nodes for them. They're all in the tower structure.
2017-07-19, 07:20 AM
Taken/ Archived

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds