Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FTD after Early-Access ends.
2017-06-21, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-21 01:13 AM by jihad-teppo.)
FTD after Early-Access ends.
I recently read a post by our lord and savior Nick Smart about the future of ftd. He said that Ftd was very close to completion. This made me think. Ftd has many bugs and unfinished features like the map/campaign editor.
I would hate Nick making an update and saying: "K guys thats it no more updates bye Smile"
A lot of people hate early-access games, but i find it exciting that a game i love has updates which add EVEN MORE content to a game thats already good. I dont want to be left with a "finished" game because if theres no more updates, that means it will eventually get boring.

TL;DR Im an idiot and i dont want Nick to stop updating ftd ever.

What do you think?

Please check out my creations. I need tips.
Mediocre builder.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-06-21, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-21 01:24 AM by spookywaggon.)
RE: FTD after Early-Access ends.
TBH a fleshed out multiplayer of any kind plus dedicated servers would probably be enough to keep the game alive for years with only the occasional update.

Uses the golden ratio.

[Image: n4pzmbo]

Fat_ninja - today at 1:40 PM
Would the perfect pair of boobs be 1.6 times the size of the body or vice versa?
2017-06-21, 02:59 AM
(2017-06-21 01:13 AM)jihad-teppo Wrote:  I recently read a post by our lord and savior Nick Smart about the future of ftd. He said that Ftd was very close to completion.

Have you got a link to that post?
2017-06-21, 04:00 AM
Umm that post is probably very old and out of date at this point

[Image: BI0qaev.gif]

You say insane, I say reasonable and logical

[Image: Screenshot_2017-03-12_12.08.10.png]
2017-06-21, 07:36 AM
FTD isnt still close to being complete.

The only part of the game i would call feature rich and somewhat polished is the designer. But the planet editor, avatars, PVP, skills, strategic and tactical AI are still lackluster

Mainly the Editor, thats just a piles of half baked features tied together with chains.

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-06-21, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-21 08:56 AM by Skyer.)
(2017-06-21 07:36 AM)mrvecz Wrote:  Mainly the Editor, thats just a piles of half baked features tied together with chains.

Thats one way how to describe it.
I used the editor once, and didn't manage to do anything usefull, ok I actualy didn't really try

Over 2700 hours in building games and i still can't build fancy.
But Effective!
2017-06-21, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-21 05:41 PM by BioPhoenix.)
Among promised features yet to be implemented are strategic AI, plasma, and fire...
It's gonna be a while yet. And when it's done FTD will enter beta, and then after that it'll be a while before it enters full release.