Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steam, batts, shields question (easy i think)
2017-06-18, 02:45 PM
Steam, batts, shields question (easy i think)
Hey all, been away from the game and I forgot many things lol

So I was messing around with steam engine i slapped together to only charge batteries. (that so far works perhaps not efficient etc. )

I have a hypercube engine which was posted on the forums, that works as intended.

What I wanted to accomplish is that the LAMS and shields, run off the battery power which is stored up. However what happens is, my shields start flashing when the LAMS are going off, and speed decreases. You can also see the engine power drained, however the battery power slowly decreasing ( I think the LAMS are using that) Yet with all the battery power there, surly the shields should continue to run?
Sitting at 135000 battery storage and yeah I have the electric engine lol..

So Im kinda confused :/ why is the power not keeping up and why is it not using the battery for shields and LAMS too ?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-06-18, 04:53 PM
RE: Steam, batts, shields question (easy i think)
the problem u have is if the elekticenigne is in use the battrys are drained and the out put of ur elektricengine is dropping and canot deliver enought energy to ur stuff

bigger batterys or faster charging the batterys

like's strange music Tongue
2017-06-18, 05:36 PM
(2017-06-18 04:53 PM)khkpck Wrote:  the problem u have is if the elekticenigne is in use the battrys are drained and the out put of ur elektricengine is dropping and canot deliver enought energy to ur stuff

bigger batterys or faster charging the batterys

The batteries still had 80% charge in them. The shields are not running from battery/electric engine I think.
2017-06-19, 05:58 AM
if the shields are flickering there is simly not enought power the shiled can run by fuel or steam engine but they are charging ur battery so no energy for shielding

like's strange music Tongue
2017-06-19, 10:32 AM
yeah so shields do not use battery power
2017-06-19, 10:52 AM
No, indeed they do not, they require engine power (shown within at the bottom of the interface. I think you might be being confused by the Laser Absorb shields, which actually take engine power to activate, AND battery storage as it absorbs laser damage. Make sure that the engine power bit in the HUD (Engine Power Use / Total Possible Power) is not maxed out, which could potentially be a problem. Also, with the new fuel engines, you will need to pipe out the exhausts outside.

At last, a great success!
2017-06-19, 01:12 PM
(2017-06-19 10:52 AM)Spitfiredzwww Wrote:  No, indeed they do not, they require engine power (shown within at the bottom of the interface. I think you might be being confused by the Laser Absorb shields, which actually take engine power to activate, AND battery storage as it absorbs laser damage. Make sure that the engine power bit in the HUD (Engine Power Use / Total Possible Power) is not maxed out, which could potentially be a problem. Also, with the new fuel engines, you will need to pipe out the exhausts outside.

Hey, so my engine HUD icon thing, shows a number above xxx/xxx and also a number under that.. Lamb I have not been away from the game that long, yet I forgot everything :<.

Thanks for clearing that question up tho, shields were on reflect. I think I may just try hold out with a decent LAMS or bite the bullet and try fit in a lager engine. I had the steam boilers to only kick in at <90% batts and turn off >90%. Lamb shame :/
2017-06-22, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-22 10:53 AM by Tyr3n.)
the both numbers are the 2 types of engine power you generate. The bigger ones are the engine power (shaft drive) of fuel engines/Steam engines, the smaller one is your electrical engine, which depletes with decreasing energy reserves.

Give the steam engine more leeway, it needs way longer to spool up than a fuel engine.

1.0 RP/sec<40%
0.1 RP/sec>90% remaining energy.

(2017-06-19 03:02 PM)Guaibee Wrote:  Every once in a while I see a surge of replies on multiple threads from the same person...
spooling up reply surge...