Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Need a bit of Help on my Robot (A lot of help)
2017-06-18, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-18 05:06 PM by KerBOOM.)
Brick Need a bit of Help on my Robot (A lot of help)
So I had an Idea for a new creation. In ftd. But I am too stupid to do it myself. So I am kinda-asking for someone to build it for me. I know that FtD is all about learning and improving skills, but I just can`t do it. So maybe in the future I will have my own take on it, but first I want to see someones take on it. So the Idea was a kind-of mix of GT, TG and SS:

A hovering Robot-base with wings that look like the sides of the Hauler. Kind of in the Back of the base there would be Engine-Pods with Dedispinners. On top there is a Robot with two APS-Cannons that have 3 Barrels and fire 190-240 diameter shells like this one:
[Shaped Charge Head/He*3/Frag*2/Shield Disruptor/Inertial-Fuse]
On top of that some Frag/EMP Missiels and a Nuke in the Back. The Nuke-Rocket-thing would be 5 blocks thick exept for the few end block that would be 3 blocks thick and have the tailplanes. the Control-thruster would be on the inside of the Nuke. The entire Vehicle would BTW use a ACB-based hovering-system.

Some Aesthetic tips: the Nuke holder in the Back could look like a Backpack.

For the painting: I can redo it myself but if possible while building assume a fleet colour of:

Main: Black
Secondary: Dark Blue
Details: light Blue
Trim: White

Thank you for all who`d like to Help me.

EDIT/P.S.: Yes, it was supposed to be made out of two parts held together by a Docking System. Maybe it would be better to have no gap in there so there isn`t such a need for Armor. And the 2-Parts-System makes it maybe fir the Glao-Limit.

EDIT/P.S. 2: Yes the Base needs Repair Tentacles as well as the Robot needs them. The Base for Repairing the Robot and the Robot for building the Nuke

Quote:Kaonicping Wrote:
Your grammar is totally accurate (apart from capitalising a lot of words that shouldn't be capitalised).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-06-18, 04:50 PM
RE: Need a bit of Help on my Robot (A lot of help)
Bump this Thread!

Your grammar is totally accurate (apart from capitalising a lot of words that shouldn't be capitalised).
2017-06-18, 07:56 PM
If ya talking about mechas like Marksman or Shadow? If yash (yes). I can help ya a little since I'm familiar with these setups

[Image: LFKkJlX.png?1]
[Image: 8AIFkbk.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-06-18, 08:53 PM
(2017-06-18 01:58 PM)KerBOOM Wrote:  [Shaped Charge Head/He*3/Frag*2/Shield Disruptor/Inertial-Fuse]

If you mean disruptor conduit, it can only go on the nose (and needs EMP to go with it). If so, I don't recommend using it apart from on dedicated DC shells (but if you're using In-F/HEAT you don't need it anyway).

(2017-01-03 04:39 PM)Nick Smart Wrote:  more booze and less circle

X:_;|
_:_:|:|
2017-06-19, 01:19 PM
Oh, Ok. Didn`t know that. I thought it was like a anti-shield-warhead. So maybe one more HE? And, can you build it Kaonicping my friend?

2017-06-19, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-19 02:46 PM by Kaonicping.)
(2017-06-19 01:19 PM)KerBOOM Wrote:  Oh, Ok. Didn`t know that. I thought it was like a anti-shield-warhead. So maybe one more HE? And, can you build it Kaonicping my friend?

Disruptor conduits apply the EMP from your shell directly to the shield projector of the shield it hits, but most of the EMP is lost. With an inertial fuse, HEAT and frag, you've got the best type of shell for shielded targets, and depending on whether you want a spammy gatling or a slow firing cannon with loads of boom you may want to use shorter shells, so there's no need to add too many more warheads.

I probably won't be able to build the whole thing, not least since I'm hopeless at making nukes, but I could at least help with making APS cannons for it if you give me the dimensions and some other details like whether you'd prefer slower-firing but continuous or faster-firing but with pauses for reloads (usually the second option is better). However, there are definitely plenty of people who will be better/faster at making APS cannons than me, so if one of them turns up and offers to help I'll definitely let them do it instead.

2017-06-19, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-19 04:20 PM by KerBOOM.)
You could make the upper Part (the Robot) someone could make the Nuke and someone (maybe even me?) could make the base-thing. So it would be an kind-of Community Project. And I prefer continuous because if the Main cannon is Reloading you are left with AA-Missiles and a Nuke. Not that good Smile

P.S.: Is that KSP in your Profile-Picture?

2017-06-19, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-19 04:27 PM by Kaonicping.)
(2017-06-19 04:13 PM)KerBOOM Wrote:  You could make the upper Part (the Robot) someone could make the Nuke and someone (maybe even me?) could make the base-thing. So it would be an kind-of Community Project. And I prefer continuous because if the Main cannon is Reloading you are left with AA-Missiles and a Nuke. Not that good Smile

Maybe you can build the metal shell and we build stuff to put in it?

Also, what size is it going to be? And what defences will it use?

2017-06-19, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-19 05:30 PM by Kaonicping.)
(2017-06-19 04:13 PM)KerBOOM Wrote:  P.S.: Is that KSP in your Profile-Picture?

Yup, that was my craft from when from when O-10 monopropellant thrusters strapped to a small tank could take from Kerbin orbit to Eve/Duna landing, and when a RAPIER engine mounted on a medium fuel tank with a few intakes could get you into Kerbin orbit. Those were the days Smile.

2017-06-19, 06:18 PM
This is the Forum where people get off-topic the fastest!