Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Engine not working
2017-06-18, 05:32 AM
Engine not working
I just finished the tutorial and was trying to build a boat in the campaign I couldn't get any kind of engine to work. I even placed the pre-made engine (the Hercules to be precise) and even that didn't work.Huh I put propellers and a ship's wheel and it wouldn't start. When I hover over the engine block it says that everything is fine and that it should be working but it obviously wasn't... I tried restarting my computer and that did nothing so it probably isn't a bug. The engines on my fortress are working so the game isn't broken. Is there anything that you have to do to 'link' the engine to your vehicle? Anyway please help I have lost a lot of time trying to fix it and i'm almost at the point of just quitting....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-06-18, 06:03 AM
RE: Engine not working
Do you have fuel?

H͢elp!̵ I'͝ve bee͡n t̛rapped͜ ͏i͝n̢ ́my͝ co̕mpu͜t̴er! ҉A ҉bo̵t͢ ͏c̶o̷n̨ţrol͢s ҉m̸y͘ body͏!
2017-06-18, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-18 12:22 PM by Oznin.)
(2017-06-18 06:03 AM)Unhinged mechanic Wrote:  Do you have fuel?

Yes I have 3000 fuel and my resources are centralized. I tried placing fuel barrels and stuff but no effect (The Hercules already has a fuel storage tank integrated into it).
2017-06-18, 03:15 PM
Blueprints please.
2017-06-18, 10:56 PM
(2017-06-18 03:15 PM)gxy Wrote:  Blueprints please.

How do I do that?
2017-06-19, 05:34 AM
Go to the game files, don't remember the exact path but under player profile and within constructables should be your own saved blueprints, which you can upload to here. Alternatively take a screenshot and put it here so we can take a look.

[Image: 50157_s.png]
[Image: 50157_v.png]
2017-06-19, 10:47 AM
Do you have any means of using the engine? Propulsion, shielding, energy consuming weaponry etc? Big Grin

(2017-06-19 03:02 PM)Guaibee Wrote:  Every once in a while I see a surge of replies on multiple threads from the same person...
spooling up reply surge...
2017-06-19, 10:48 AM
By Default, go to Your Documents, From The Depths, Player Profiles, [Your Chosen Username], Constructables. Be sure to attach the .blueprint file, and not the .blueprint_backup

At last, a great success!
2017-06-19, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-19 05:36 PM by BioPhoenix.)
As an aside note, I don't believe fuel (or ammo, or electrical power) are affected by centralized resources mode. So always be sure to have at least one fuel tank or fuel storage box on your ship.
2017-06-22, 08:04 AM
(2017-06-19 10:47 AM)Tyr3n Wrote:  Do you have any means of using the engine? Propulsion, shielding, energy consuming weaponry etc? Big Grin

you have propellers, put a ship's wheel on the ship, and push the throttle to max, see if it gets going.
If not, go to the q menu of the engine block, and make sure maximum drive is not 0.

This statement is false