Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
SpinBlocksMadness
2017-08-17, 06:53 PM
RE: SpinBlocksMadness
(2017-08-17 09:59 AM)Gladyon Wrote:  Could you provide the blueprints you use for your tests so that I can try with the same setup?

Took another look, everything was up to date but the Fury doesn't even have eplosives.
Just assumed so since the first salvo after spawning it in guts the test flak 80+% of the time.
Hey, managed to find the most reliable way to reproduce missiles frags teleporting Smile
It does have a 100mm HEAT gun but that can't pen 3m HA and still instagibs if I take it off.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  0_FlakTest2.blueprint (Size: 235.94 KB / Downloads: 4)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-18, 09:29 AM
No need to update ProtecTechTools for this version, and it's just for the Lua users of SpinBlocks with names.

1.2.8: SpinBlocks Lua fix
- [added] 'ConvertSubConstructIndexToSpinnerIndex' function, to convert a SubConstruct index (returned by 'GetSubConstructIndex') into a FtD compatible Spinner index (use only for spinners, not turrets or pistons)
- [added] 'ConvertSpinnerIndexToSubConstructIndex' function, to convert a FtD compatible Spinner index (only for spinners, not turrets or pistons) into a SubConstruct index (to be used by 'GetSubConstructName' for example)
2017-08-27, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-27 04:58 AM by MOAR.)
What a wonderful mod it is! It is what I've wanted for a long time.
Is there any chance that this mod is applied to FtD?

By the way how should I do to access spin block via its name in LUA?
2017-08-27, 11:15 AM
(2017-08-27 04:51 AM)MOAR Wrote:  What a wonderful mod it is! It is what I've wanted for a long time.
Is there any chance that this mod is applied to FtD?
Thanks!
It's up to Nick to include or not a mod.

(2017-08-27 04:51 AM)MOAR Wrote:  By the way how should I do to access spin block via its name in LUA?
In the 'Help pages', there's one for SpinBlocksMadness that provides a list of the specific LUA functions.
Basically, there's a function to get the index of a SubConstruct.
A SubConstruct can be on a spinblock, a turret or a piston.
If it is on a spinblock, then you have to use another specific LUA function to transform the index into a FtD compatible index.

When you have the correct index, you can use the standard FtD functions on turrets or spinblocks.

For example, the following line will get the FtD index for a turret:
Code:
I:GetSubConstructIndex("Turret Name")

The following line will get the index for a spinblock:
Code:
I:ConvertSubConstructIndexToSpinnerIndex(I:GetSubConstructIndex("Spinblock Name"))

In the help page you also have other functions to help you navigate into the children/parent of a SubConstruct, and to interact with the pistons.
2017-09-21, 07:56 PM
It has been long, and there's not a lot of new things in that version, sorry for that, no more time...
In the debug menu (in-game) it is now possible to set the values for the custom explosion to a set of values that produce interesting explosions, which are not so badly balanced.
And the fact that the block explosions (ammo barrel for example) do not use the new custom algorithm helps a lot, that avoid most of the chain detonations.

Tell me what you think of these values.

Do not forget to update ProtecTechTools.

1.2.9: Updated for FtD v2.02
- [added] It is now possible to set a default set of values for the custom explosion algorithm. These values provides good explosions feelings but they still need to be balanced a bit
- [changed] Block explosions (such as the ammo barrel explosion or the laser pump explosion) are now always using the standard FtD algorithm, so they cannot damage any block out of their given radius
2017-10-07, 09:30 AM
As Nick is making SpinBlocks on SubConstructs in FS, and I hope include it in FtD, I'll very probably close that mod.

I have checked a bit, and maybe aside from 2-3 very small features, only the SubConstruct collisions and new explosion algorithm may not make it into FtD.

The collisions and explosions are very tightly linked to my way of dealing with the SpinBlocks on SubConstructs.
And the fact is that will be utterly destroyed and not salvageable because every bit of the FtD code is being re-factored.

That means I will probably not have the possibility to salvage anything from this mod.
It's a shame for the explosions, but maybe we'll have a good surprise in a near future on that subject.