Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Allow gun barrels to spin / railgun magnet broken rotation
2017-04-29, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-04-29 08:47 PM by BoogieMan.)
Question Allow gun barrels to spin / railgun magnet broken rotation
Two quick questions.

First, the option on advanced cannons to "allow gun barrels to spin" is always off and I can never seem to enable it.. Why?

Second, I have a triple 500mm railgun and commonly the spinning railgun magnets will start rotating wildly in strange directions far away from the barrel to which they are attached. The barrels are attached to the 3m elevation mantlet. The entire gun itself functions normally otherwise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-29, 09:26 PM
RE: Allow gun barrels to spin / railgun magnet broken rotation
(2017-04-29 08:46 PM)BoogieMan Wrote:  First, the option on advanced cannons to "allow gun barrels to spin" is always off and I can never seem to enable it.. Why?
You need to set the maximum fire rate to something less than maximum in order to have the barrel rotating (the value you set will set the rotation speed, and it will rotate even when not firing...).

(2017-04-29 08:46 PM)BoogieMan Wrote:  Second, I have a triple 500mm railgun and commonly the spinning railgun magnets will start rotating wildly in strange directions far away from the barrel to which they are attached. The barrels are attached to the 3m elevation mantlet. The entire gun itself functions normally otherwise.
I never saw something like that, but I haven't played a lot with railgun.
Can you post a screenshot? That may help to find out what the problem is.
2017-04-30, 02:35 PM
RE: Allow gun barrels to spin / railgun magnet broken rotation
The railgun thing happens to me all the time... Pulling the vessel out of play fixes it, as it most commonly happens to me on repaired turrets in the designer.