Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My fighter craft keep flying into space
Yesterday, 02:53 PM
My fighter craft keep flying into space
So I've spent nearly 6 hours now trying to get this bomber to work:

[Image: xjsLxHY.png?3]

As you can see from the picture it keeps flying off into space. It doesn't matter what I do. I've tried standard AI, AI with PIDs, PIDs on their own with a naval AI (this works but I can't get it to fly above 180m when I want it flying at 500m) and now I'm on the Advanced Ariel AI LUA script. The LUA script works only when the fighter is above land for some reason. So in AoTE, it can fly just fine, but take it into Neter and it flies to the moon.

Further, if you go into build mode and freeze it while it's flying into space it'll (sometimes) control itself and be able to pull itself back down to the desired altitude.

It also can't turn. It'll rotate to 90 degrees or whatever you set it to and just fly sideways, despite having more than enough thrust to properly execute a roll-based turn.

If you spawn it high up, it'll fly down to its altitude just fine but as soon as it goes below the altitude it will point up again and fly off into space.

I'm | | this close to strangling something. I'll be eternally grateful to anyone who can get this thing flying steadily at 500-600m. I don't care how you do it: standard or LUA. Just make it work. Please.

I know there's enough thrusters to keep it under control because I can fly it fine manually, it's just that the AI can't figure how to point the nose down by itself. For some reason.

Please help.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  NLR_FIGHTER_ATTEMPT_1.blueprint (Size: 111.99 KB / Downloads: 3)

Does an army of ponies have a cavalry? You tell me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 08:07 PM
RE: My fighter craft keep flying into space
Just add some Ions to make it space capable and your problem will become feature ;-)
Today, 01:21 AM
RE: My fighter craft keep flying into space
(Yesterday 08:07 PM)Fernir Wrote:  Just add some Ions to make it space capable and your problem will become feature ;-)

It uses all ions already. That's how it ends up in space.

Does an army of ponies have a cavalry? You tell me.