Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prefabs for easy adventure mode start?
2017-04-23, 04:27 PM
Prefabs for easy adventure mode start?
If you can place prefabs in adventure, then why doesn't everyone have a prefab for a small ship and use that for the adventure mode start so that it won't really matter if you get a hard enemy at the start?
If this wont work what is the fastest/easiest way to start adventure?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-23, 04:46 PM
RE: Prefabs for easy adventure mode start?
Well, you can't destroy the starter craft - this includes refitting it into something else ( just like starter fortresses in the single campaign games ). I suppose you could prefab an entire ship *onto* the starter ship & then remove the unwanted parts...

Poke my boat! help me improve & learn from my mistakes. Update - 190mm ships - 20/4/17
2017-04-23, 05:14 PM
You can retrofit the adventure raft from an existing blueprint. But it may or may not be safe if the BP's design is significantly different (because the heartstone may temporarily disappear...)

What I usually do on my adventure starts is:
  1. Retrofit the adventure raft to something w/ gatherers and a tiny (steam) engine to power them. It also has tentacles and material storage. (Costs ~750 material total.)
  2. Spawn a copy of the updated raft to the side and build that.
  3. Jump over to the copy. Let both gather a bit more.
  4. Retrofit the original adventure raft to something more mobile/survivable. For me, sometimes it's a mini airship, sometimes it's a submarine.
  5. Scrap the copy.
All that can usually be done well before the first enemy spawns.

For step #1, I just spawned the raft in designer and added my additions there (taking care not to touch/move the heartstone) and then saved the BP. Has worked well so far in 2 other of my adventure starts.

My Workshop | My FtD Lua Scripts
Yesterday, 05:17 AM
I actually do prefab my adventure ships. I find it's nice to stick a couple 4m blocks straight off the bottom of whatever ship I'm on and make the prefab there then I remove the heart stone and quickly place it on the new ship cut the 4m blocks and off you go. I've even done 2 and 3 part prefab ships like this.