Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SD] Overhaul
2017-04-24, 02:16 AM
RE: [SD] Overhaul
(2017-04-24 02:10 AM)Lord Mackeroth Wrote:  
(2017-04-23 02:50 PM)majyst Wrote:  
(2017-04-23 02:18 PM)Lord Mackeroth Wrote:  I think I'm going to redo the Palladium. I've always wanted to build a kill-sat.

Umm, theres no call for new Satellites and i dont think the old ones need replaced, they were just replaced not so long ago and still look/function good.

Are you sure? Half the time when I spawn the Palladium in it falls into the sea. Meanwhile, the Archangel is incredibly fragile (it's detection is ridiculously easy to knock out with 1 EMP missile and you can destroy the missile controller in the ring and knock out its primary weapon very easily) and its nuclear missiles use graviton rams to fly, which of course don't work any more.

I can't speak for the first two issues with the Archangel, but I can tell you that the nukes have already been changed out. I asked Cheveyo to come up with something a while ago and he delivered. Should Majyst be willing to permit a few tweaks I can supply what I believe to be the most up-to-date version.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-24, 04:08 AM
(2017-04-24 02:10 AM)Lord Mackeroth Wrote:  Are you sure? Half the time when I spawn the Palladium in it falls into the sea.

The falling out of the sky seems to be an issue with them being spawned in more than the design.

If thread is cancer, run awey quik and let dem otder pepple deep wit it.
-Lemming 2k16 (Inner grammar Nazi intensifies)
(2016-03-27 12:23 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote:  8/10 Builds things. BIG things. Will possibly cause someone's computer to crash in the future.
2017-04-24, 06:08 AM
Yeah, spawning the Palladium with the designer I found no issues. It controls well enough to stay in its intended range, so I can only imagine that its a quirk of the campaign's spawning mechanics. In that case it's up to Majyst to find a solution with the tools he has, and if he can't then Nick or Khaz will have to fix it somehow.
2017-04-24, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-04-24 09:48 AM by That Guy.)
I am making a design for a Heavy thrustercraft and it looks like this

without shields

i am a bit stuck and need some advice because I'm not the best at aesthetics

It is obviously not finished yet so there are some missing barrels and also currently doesn't have a name (recommendations?)

(P.S it can't currently fly Tongue )

KV-2: Derp Lord of the universe
2017-04-24, 01:41 PM
Will that be the entire hull? Could you take a few more shots from different angles to show its features? I'm not so sure it fits the Heavy Onslaught style from the picture provided. Block count is also helpful for judging how suited it would be as is for a heavy. Also don't forget to consolidate as many blocks as you can into beams, single blocks inflate the count unnecessarily.
Yesterday, 03:59 PM
NOTE: This is the prototype. I'm aware of several performance issues but I'm just posting it here to recieve feedback
Velocity replacement (WIP)
Took me longer to make than I thought. It's still small but at least can take a hit now. It also looks like an SD craft now, not an SS microplane with the wings chopped off.

Armaments:1 30mm frag APS
8 small double frag missiles
2 large 4 frag, 3 EMP missiles

Speed:80m/s. Can be improved

Issues: Back is an ugly mess of thrusters, engine overheats very rarely. I will fix these since I know what to do and this is only a WIP version, but I just wanted to post to get info on general aesthetics.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Please check out my BP thread!
How to win neter. Step 1: Get that godly battleship to spawn inside a mountain. Step 2: Steal it.
I reply to people way too much.
Yesterday, 04:31 PM
(Yesterday 03:59 PM)GiantSnake Wrote:  NOTE: This is the prototype. I'm aware of several performance issues but I'm just posting it here to recieve feedback
Took me longer to make than I thought. It's still small but at least can take a hit now. It also looks like an SD craft now, not an SS microplane with the wings chopped off.

Issues: Back is an ugly mess of thrusters, engine overheats very rarely. I will fix these since I know what to do and this is only a WIP version, but I just wanted to post to get info on general aesthetics.

Feedback, the design itself looks pretty good, but a couple issues.

1. It looks a little small, Interceptors should be a minimum of 1000 blocks. Im doing away with the whole tiny fighter thing for SD.

2. The nose is a little too short and blunt. As an interceptor it should have a more pronounced nose in length with sharper more aggressive points.

3. 80 m/s is too slow for Velocity, 80 m/s is the minimum for an Interceptor and the Velocity specifically i want to be especially fast. Not a deal breaker, just means it wouldnt get the name of Velocity and would take some other slot as an Interceptor.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"If you claim that a change is destroying the game your exaggeration just make me ignore you" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Yesterday, 04:40 PM
Maybe the Velocity can be the slowest and the name is to make up for it Tongue

If thread is cancer, run awey quik and let dem otder pepple deep wit it.
-Lemming 2k16 (Inner grammar Nazi intensifies)
(2016-03-27 12:23 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote:  8/10 Builds things. BIG things. Will possibly cause someone's computer to crash in the future.
Today, 03:40 PM
(Yesterday 04:31 PM)majyst Wrote:  
(Yesterday 03:59 PM)GiantSnake Wrote:  NOTE: This is the prototype. I'm aware of several performance issues but I'm just posting it here to recieve feedback

Feedback, the design itself looks pretty good, but a couple issues.

1. It looks a little small, Interceptors should be a minimum of 1000 blocks. Im doing away with the whole tiny fighter thing for SD.

2. The nose is a little too short and blunt. As an interceptor it should have a more pronounced nose in length with sharper more aggressive points.

3. 80 m/s is too slow for Velocity, 80 m/s is the minimum for an Interceptor and the Velocity specifically i want to be especially fast. Not a deal breaker, just means it wouldnt get the name of Velocity and would take some other slot as an Interceptor.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get to work on a new velocity replacement that includes all the points mentioned above.

Please check out my BP thread!
How to win neter. Step 1: Get that godly battleship to spawn inside a mountain. Step 2: Steal it.
I reply to people way too much.