Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3rd try with this gun, almost cont. fire, ideas?
2017-04-20, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-04-20 05:25 AM by copaceticsmokey.)
3rd try with this gun, almost cont. fire, ideas?
heya, have 2 previous versions of this gun, all 7m wells & 11-12m high, which is 2 big, like this size but it's just not quite cont.fire, it's so close, just a few hiccups.
suggestions appreciated.
thx & enjoy, smokey
.blueprint  TEST RAFT.blueprint (Size: 126.76 KB / Downloads: 4)    
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-21, 06:42 AM
RE: 3rd try with this gun, almost cont. fire, ideas?
Try checking out some of the other guns in this subforum and looking in particular at their ammo types and calibres, and dissecting their internals to see how they work. How I usually decide the RoF of my guns is by deciding how big I want it, what calibre I want it, and then stuffing as many autoloaders as I can into said space. Then I work out what the firerate would be with no cooldown, work out the time between shots with said fire rate, and then add coolers in until the cooldown equals that amount of time. I usually also build a sort of exploded view of the gun first, laid out flat and static.on the deck of my test platform, with roughly the amount of autoloaders I'd expect to be able to fit, just to see if the ammo I've chosen is viable at the size I've chosen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply