Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Eagle Industries presents: Conquest class light destroyer
2017-09-04, 04:23 AM
RE: Eagle Industries presents: Conquest class light destroyer
Huh, they do kinda add up, eh... pity most of these are useless with the current game state.

[Image: 37014305095_65678bd68f_b.jpg]
[Image: 37014304855_dcb043e88d_b.jpg]

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Heavy & light tanks 18/11/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-04, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-04 05:37 PM by Eagle.)
Nice to see ships that are new to me! Especially like the attack sub, but your skimmer remains my favourite Smile

@Axwell; The Vanguard huh? It's most likely my least favourite ship, I find it too fat. Richard likes it, too, though, said he had lots of fun with it. The Vanguard is one of the few ships that has never seen service in my active fleet, but it has been a good study into new ship design for me, most of my ships built since are based off on the Vanguard Smile

Procrastination level is over 9000
2017-09-05, 01:38 AM
I want more Vanguard style slightly sharper corners and unapologetically large height differences between decks, it just looks nice. Glad you're drawing inspiration from it, I'll download it and pick it apart and copy your LAMs because my version of the game won't allow me to create laser systems.
2017-09-05, 03:06 AM
(2017-09-04 05:34 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Nice to see ships that are new to me! Especially like the attack sub, but your skimmer remains my favourite Smile

One of mine too; it's stealth is broken in the current game though, I see radar homers lock it up at it's circling range ( ~ 2km ) & even it's top signature isn't that big. It also manages to get bombed by DWG aircraft. You built a stealth frigate didn't you? tried that recently? either way I think I'll plan a bigger jet cat with some actual active defenses. The sub hull is nice, I will redo the insides completely if I want to use it again though.

Fat ships are the way forward unless they're battleship-length, I think. I took one of my old destroyers & added beam to counter the recent tendancy not to self-right ( the alloy superstructure used to pull them upright enough ) - plus the obvious extra width helping solve some fragility problems - then added suitable post 2.0 guns, and ended up with this comedy, and didn't even re-add the torpedos which would make it look even more plump Tongue needless to say I don't actually want a fleet of ships this shape.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Heavy & light tanks 18/11/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2017-09-05, 01:29 PM
(2017-09-05 01:38 AM)axwell Wrote:  I want more Vanguard style slightly sharper corners and unapologetically large height differences between decks, it just looks nice. Glad you're drawing inspiration from it, I'll download it and pick it apart and copy your LAMs because my version of the game won't allow me to create laser systems.

Well, the current ships are sharing the design traits that the Vanguard has.
The Vanguard itself was not used, instead I built the Intrepid class frigate which is a through-development of the Vanguard. The Intrepid then got upgraded to a cruiser by adding some 20m length to it and an extra gun. What then replaced the Intrepid is the Resolution, and that is seen here:
[Image: VWi57O5.jpg]

I'm actually busy slimming all my ships down from a 5:1 / 6:1 length/width ratio down to a 7:1 ratio, and I'm actually getting better results on that.

The Resolution itself is 136m long and 19m wide, costs only 150k and beats the Vanguard with ease.

(2017-09-05 03:06 AM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  
(2017-09-04 05:34 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Nice to see ships that are new to me! Especially like the attack sub, but your skimmer remains my favourite Smile

One of mine too; it's stealth is broken in the current game though, I see radar homers lock it up at it's circling range ( ~ 2km ) & even it's top signature isn't that big. It also manages to get bombed by DWG aircraft. You built a stealth frigate didn't you? tried that recently? either way I think I'll plan a bigger jet cat with some actual active defenses. The sub hull is nice, I will redo the insides completely if I want to use it again though.

Well I didn't test stealth so much as I did test radar guided missiles, and it occured to me that they were far less distracted by radar bouys than before. It seems that their homing capabilities have increased, and I'm not sure whether I like it or not...

I have built four stealth ships, three corvettes and one skimmer. One is actually in game, it's the Regular difficulty SS Banshee. It doesn't differ much from the original, just an extra APS cannon and some propulsion work. You can test on that Smile

2017-09-05, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-05 03:28 PM by Richard Dastardly.)
(2017-09-05 01:29 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Well I didn't test stealth so much as I did test radar guided missiles, and it occured to me that they were far less distracted by radar bouys than before. It seems that their homing capabilities have increased, and I'm not sure whether I like it or not...

I think they're just ignoring radar signature & going for the largest target, which would be a bug, especially as it's intermittent. The behaviour certainly looks like it's missing the radar signature check, anyway.

2017-09-11, 02:23 PM
Because Richard was complaining about the looks of the bridge and I'm just weak minded, I'm giving the redesigning of the superstructure a go... So, this may be a teaser:

[Image: 9HMjsPs.jpg]

2017-09-11, 03:36 PM
Oh right, blame me *first*, why don't you Tongue

2017-09-11, 05:15 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2017-09-11, 10:05 PM
Can't you mount those ejector topedoes one block into the hull with the elevation thing to boost them out?