Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Max number of missile blocks connected to controller?
2017-04-18, 03:09 AM
Max number of missile blocks connected to controller?
After scouring the forum for a good half hour and not finding an answer

Is there a maximum number of blocks that can be connected to a missile controller?
Seeing as cannons have a maximum number of parts listed I'd assume there is some sort of limit, but I can't find it anywhere.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-18, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-04-18 07:06 AM by Gladyon.)
RE: Max number of missile blocks connected to controller?
It's 1600 per missile controller.
2017-04-19, 01:59 AM
Thank you very much sir!
That does explain why some of my gantries remain empty, I'll have to downscale a bit Smile
2017-04-19, 08:41 AM
(2017-04-19 01:59 AM)S3PH1RoTH Wrote:  Thank you very much sir!
That does explain why some of my gantries remain empty, I'll have to downscale a bit Smile

Or just use several missile controllers.
That's good for redundancy also.
2017-04-19, 02:27 PM
Multiple controllers also lets you increase the density of your missile swarm which can be useful for overwhelming LAMS setups.

Skullsploder - FtD: where engineering reusable self-teleporting nukes is easier than putting.a bomb on a stick attached to a rocket.
2017-04-21, 02:06 PM
How would one set up that swarm? without losing bunches to friendly explosions and frags? Setting a long enough launch delay to prevent chain reactions just makes for a LAMS feeding frenzy, while clustering has always been a no-no. I find smaller missile volleys from multiple directions more effective at making it past LAMS.
2017-04-21, 02:18 PM
If you only use Frag and EMP you don't have to worry about chain reactions, so things like a 60 missiles per second swarm can be constructed (6 controllers on 0.1 delay). They are virtually impossible to block when heavy enough missiles are used, as even the heaviest CLAMS setup saturates at around that point.

Skullsploder - FtD: where engineering reusable self-teleporting nukes is easier than putting.a bomb on a stick attached to a rocket.