Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Volta Needs to be redone
2017-04-02, 01:24 AM
The Volta Needs to be redone
So the Volta can't turn left or right if the player tries to drive it. I mean you can but you need speed to do so. If the AI tries to drive it it just beaches itself so some reason.

I really like the ship but it's unplayable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-02, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-04-02 03:22 AM by Bacillus.)
RE: The Volta Needs to be redone
You're trying to use the volta yourself? Does it not work when encountered as an enemy?
2017-04-02, 03:28 AM
(2017-04-02 03:21 AM)Bacillus Wrote:  You're trying to use the volta yourself? Does it not work when encountered as an enemy?

It works for the enemy but as soon as they see land boom they go for it if I'm anywhere near it.
2017-04-02, 03:39 AM
Hmmm, I can't say wether this will get fixed or not m8. If it works for the AI and not for the player it was probably built that way for a reason.

Workaround: load the Volta in the designer as your vehicle and modify it so you can pilot it. Save design as something distinct from the original volta file name (ex. "Playervolta"). Then, when you capture a Volta in the campaign, scrap it and use the resources to build your version of it.
2017-04-02, 05:33 PM
As i recall the Volta is used in a mission for LH, so fixing it for player use would be preferable. If you have a version which corrects maneuvering then try submitting a thread with it in the update sub-forum. If not I'll try correcting it.
2017-04-03, 02:54 PM
I think I found the problem, its rudders are blocked by a set of propellers, which means their turning force is cut to an eighth of what it should be. I've moved the props over to give clearance and moved the rudders down a block so that they stay in the water, removed the resource crates it outright doesn't need anymore since repair bots aren't allowed, added a PID to control hydrofoil pitch and then gave it a few extra hydrofoils to work with.