Poll: Faux-gif display units
Can be done
is impossible/too hard
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Modified Poster boards request
2017-03-23, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-03-23 08:47 PM by Charlie-Foxtrot.)
Lightbulb Modified Poster boards request
After seeing that the poster boards in Protech blocks (LCD Screen) I know they can be modified by modders. I thought it would be a cool idea to modify it so a poster board can accept multiple picture links and set a duration between each link so you can make something almost like a low framerate gif. It would make my ship's bridge very lively because I use them as fake display units.

[Image: rnu8hml8rm6qogvg-extra_large.jpg?1490149903]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-03-24, 12:01 AM
RE: Modified Poster boards request
With the ProtecTech Industries's plugins tools you have a modded version of the poster holder (the one in the 'Decoration' tab).
The image can be changed using the Lua function: SetUrlToPosterHolding(String PosterHolderName, String UrlToSet).

If your Lua program is set to change the image each second, then you'll have a low framerate video.

Note that I haven't tested that feature very well, so don't hesitate to report any bug you may encounter.
2017-03-24, 10:00 PM
RE: Modified Poster boards request
I'm not at all familiar with LUA. What would be the string for changing screens and its duration?