Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[All Factions] Godly Units Buff
2017-03-27, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-03-27 04:02 PM by karbengo.)
RE: [All Factions] Godly Units Buff
(2017-03-27 03:53 PM)Lightning Foods Wrote:  I heard 3 AP is enough because missiles and shells have 1 AC. Thyr has 3 AP laser.
As for the Iron cordon, I checked in game version Iron cordon but it has 1 AP. It seems to lost that update.
If Iron cordon gets more AP, it would be clearly strongest ship in OW.

Ah yes, 3 AP for LAMS is right. I appologies, 21 is for piercing metal. Me confuse. Blush
Then, the Iron Cordon's LAMS should have 3 AP.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-03-27, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-03-27 04:14 PM by ARCAGNELL0.)
(2017-03-27 04:00 PM)TheGaiaphage Wrote:  Yeah, you only need 3 AP against shells and missiles. 21 used to be the AP needed for offensive lasers against metal before armor stacking bonuses were added.

I second that. 3AP is all you need for LAMS. It may need more AP against stuff with armor but I don't even think anything that LAMS can shoot at has more than 1. I'd bet on thumper missiles and AP cram tho.

When it comes to offensive lasers, having little more than double the AP of the armor coefficient the material you're firing at will make it so it will basically ignore armor. It's the reason why the Meteor and the Dominion have 85AP on their 4Q lasers, that makes them ignore all armor values no matter what they're firing at.

You won't need more than that in 2.0, but if you are fine just with ignoring metal AC and not HA you're going to need to raise the AP from 32 to around 40(since metal/alloy AC is getting buffed). Just a heads up.

I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

(2017-01-23 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote:  I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc
Find all posts by this user
2017-03-27, 04:36 PM
(2017-03-27 03:53 PM)Lightning Foods Wrote:  I heard 3 AP is enough because missiles and shells have 1 AC. Thyr has 3 AP laser.
As for the Iron cordon, I checked in game version Iron cordon but it has 1 AP. It seems to lost that update.
If Iron cordon gets more AP, it would be clearly strongest ship in OW.

Oh drats, I had a version submitted that I guess hasn't gone out in an update. How much work have you done? Is it feasible to redo it? If so I'll include my version of the Iron Cordon. The name is slightly different so it won't overwrite your version.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Iron Cordon Vo.blueprint (Size: 481.29 KB / Downloads: 1)
2017-03-27, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-03-27 06:41 PM by Lightning Foods.)
Oh it certainly has 3 AP. OK, I added laser frequency doubler. Also added 4th Q switch, passive sonar and some back up resources to make this really godly. This ship would be new power of OW, though still a stealth submarine can hunt it.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  IronCordon.blueprint (Size: 490.08 KB / Downloads: 1)
Yesterday, 10:10 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed before but the Valiant lacks sonar and is unable to detect submarines at all, which I think is a bit odd for a big godly SS design especially since the Valiant isn't so strong as to really need a counter. Also, the desecrator spams so many shells that even from medium range she can't be hit by 'slow' shells due to despawning (I tried it at 1800m distance with 270m/s shells, shells despawned long before hitting). I think that this is highly detrimental to the player experience
Today, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: Today 06:59 AM by majyst.)
I think ive checked over and saved all the new updates.

Asphodel, Pinicle, proctor, Plunderer, Iron Cordon: all taken, everything seems fine

Tachyon: Changes are fine, but the original design made very long attack runs, your version still does. I changed the AI to start the attack run sooner, but the design still goes too far out, a bit better at least.

Chancellor: Your changes are fine,but I went tinkering. Added more armor in-front of the Broadside cannons, also added a PID Naval Roll system to keep the ship upright.

Trebuchet: I added an inertial Fuse to one of the shells (not the supercavitization one)

BPs updated further by me can be provided upon request

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"If you claim that a change is destroying the game your exaggeration just make me ignore you" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Today, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: Today 03:54 PM by Lightning Foods.)
Fixed the Tachyon.
I left the long attack run because I thought it's good for reloading missiles, but short attack run seems to work well.
Now it always stays within 3000m from enemy (usually more close).

To prepare for the update I changed frag angle on Asphodel (in Post#67), maybe taken Asphodel is not changed.
Please take the new one from post#67. Just only angle changed.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Tachyon.blueprint (Size: 323.6 KB / Downloads: 0)