Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[All Factions] Godly Units Buff
2017-03-20, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-03-20 09:14 AM by majyst.)
[All Factions] Godly Units Buff
I am opening up this thread to begin an updating/buffing process to Godly Units.
Im not pushing for this to be done and im not providing a list of units that need buffed.
This is just an opportunity to those who want to buff Godly units to do so.

So, what can you change?
1. You may gut entire designs to re optimize things, but do try to keep the block count about the same.

2. You may rebuild turrets and change Ammo types on APS. In some cases you can change the entire turret to a different type, but you may want to check first.

3. You may add and increase defenses.

Restrictions
1. Try to respect the basic design Aesthetics. Dont rebuild large chunks of the design (Hull) just to incorporate a Buff.

2. Only use Steam Engines if you need to charge batteries to support a battery intensive system like PAC, Railguns, Laser Shields, etc.
You can also use steam engines for Aesthetic Reasons, but not as a replacement for a fuel engine.

3. You may reinforce areas with HA as you see fit, but not change the entire design to HA. Only where its really important. Also, keep in mind that HA may become much heavier in the future, so be careful you don't add so much that a ship will be sinking later.

4. All Buffs must still fall into the individual Guidelines of the Faction. This is particularly concerning for DWG and OW, if you add shields or something, expect someone to throw a fit about something or another.

5. If the design has a special weapon that is iconic to that design, then you may buff the weapon but not change its core concept. Most notably, the Bullshark HEAT spam cannon. Thats its gimmick, and replacing it with a generic cannon (even if its better) will not go well.

Do not be concerned about Maintaining FP strength, im relatively confidant that FPs will be meaningless in the future, and if im wrong ill deal with that later.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"If you claim that a change is destroying the game your exaggeration just make me ignore you" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-03-20, 09:40 AM
RE: [All Factions] Godly Units Buff
Yeah finally time to revive the Paddlegun!
2017-03-20, 10:17 AM
I heard about a patch/new version that will make some changes to balance.
Wouldn't it be better to buff the godly units after having the changes, and even a little after that in order to see if there's no hot-patch (balance is rarely right on the first try)?
2017-03-20, 02:08 PM
(2017-03-20 10:17 AM)Gladyon Wrote:  I heard about a patch/new version that will make some changes to balance.
Wouldn't it be better to buff the godly units after having the changes, and even a little after that in order to see if there's no hot-patch (balance is rarely right on the first try)?

Your right, it would be better to wait till after those changes, however as far as I can tell those changes are theorycraft and i havent seen anything solid come from the actual horses mouth.
For all I know those changes could go the way of Plasma and take way longer than expected.
Since ive spent the last month logging like 8 hours of work while I wait for some updates, i decided to just give up waiting and get at least one project ive been delaying done.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"If you claim that a change is destroying the game your exaggeration just make me ignore you" -Majyst

2017-03-20, 02:18 PM
(2017-03-20 02:08 PM)majyst Wrote:  
(2017-03-20 10:17 AM)Gladyon Wrote:  I heard about a patch/new version that will make some changes to balance.

Your right, it would be better to wait till after those changes, however as far as I can tell those changes are theorycraft and i havent seen anything solid come from the actual horses mouth.
For all I know those changes could go the way of Plasma and take way longer than expected.
Since ive spent the last month logging like 8 hours of work while I wait for some updates, i decided to just give up waiting and get at least one project ive been delaying done.

OK, I understand.
Anyway I thought it was strange that there was nothing official about it on the forum.
I will find something to update, thanks for the info.

PS: I didn't know that idiom, thanks for teaching me that!
(2017-03-20 02:08 PM)majyst Wrote:  the actual horses mouth
2017-03-20, 03:11 PM
For the OW castle ships that have "standard weapon" Is it alright to buff the standard weapon? I was thinking of giving the Bulwark better optimization on all the crams

If thread is cancer, run awey quik and let dem otder pepple deep wit it.
-Lemming 2k16 (Inner grammar Nazi intensifies)
(2016-03-27 12:23 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote:  8/10 Builds things. BIG things. Will possibly cause someone's computer to crash in the future.
2017-03-20, 03:31 PM
While I don't think I'll be touching it, could the Bullshark's turret be given a slightly lower fire rate? As in shifting it down by about 100? Just concerned about the saturation of APS shells despawning themselves too quickly.
2017-03-20, 03:52 PM
(2017-03-20 03:31 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  While I don't think I'll be touching it, could the Bullshark's turret be given a slightly lower fire rate? As in shifting it down by about 100? Just concerned about the saturation of APS shells despawning themselves too quickly.

It's true that last time I fought it I haven't been touched due to despawning shells about 20m from my ship...
2017-03-20, 04:24 PM
(2017-03-20 03:11 PM)Hikari Wrote:  For the OW castle ships that have "standard weapon" Is it alright to buff the standard weapon? I was thinking of giving the Bulwark better optimization on all the crams

Good question, you should probably leave the standard turrets as they are.
Besides, i think they had all been recently optimized.

Maybe some of the Non standard ones could be improved on some ships

2017-03-20, 04:47 PM
(2017-03-20 03:31 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  While I don't think I'll be touching it, could the Bullshark's turret be given a slightly lower fire rate? As in shifting it down by about 100? Just concerned about the saturation of APS shells despawning themselves too quickly.

guess it can be slowed down some to be more continuous fire instead of burst fire