Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
CRAM cannon nosecone applicator.
2017-02-17, 01:39 PM
CRAM cannon nosecone applicator.
A new block in the CRAM cannon category, connecting to a CRAM cannon like a fusing box, that allows CRAM shells to be fitted with one of a variety of nosecones akin to existing APS nosecones. This decreases the volume of the shell by a fixed percentage depending on the shell but allows CRAM shells to use some of the nosecone functions that are currently limited to APS, which could be any but not necessarily all of the following. Also customizable options for these heads should be adjustable by a step of 1% of the maximum rather than 10% as APS components often are, because CRAM shells are simply bigger.

Here are my particular suggestions for shell head options, all of which already exist as APS heads...
  • Hollow-point head: Converts kinetic damage to thump damage and lowers AP, not necessarily to, but certainly not below, 4.
  • Squash head: Converts kinetic damage to thump damage at a poorer ratio but also converts explosive damage, and causes spalling as with APS HESH. Customizable special factor to determine how much explosive is converted to thump - all kinetic automatically is because APHESH simply doesn't make sense.
  • Shaped charge head: Converts explosive damage to a HEAT jet. No secondary charges. Customizable special factor as with HESH, plus customizable penetration factor.
  • Disruptor conduit nosecone: Decreases accuracy and channels EMP damage directly into a shield generator if the shell crosses a shield as APS disruptors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-02-17, 04:20 PM
RE: CRAM cannon nosecone applicator.
500000 pen 1000 fragment 2000mm CRAM cannons!

A force as voracious as time itself.
A void as cryptic as reality itself.
An enigma as vexing as life itself.
Faction- The Eldrazi Territories. Status- Not involved in any wars.
[Image: qrtB9EJ.jpg]
2017-02-17, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-02-17 05:11 PM by UnderTrack.)
(2017-02-17 01:39 PM)BioPhoenix Wrote:  all kinetic automatically is because APHESH simply doesn't make sense.

mate, I would like to informe you that APHESH as been created by british, it's HEP round, a APHE/APHESH round that got superb pen for HE/HESH. Actualy used on Centurions tank series Tongue

+ to me you just want 2k mm HEAT/HESH guns to overpass the fact that APS is capped to 500 mm + taking more place.

So I don't think that's a good idea, + CRAM and its predececors have been made for starter player, if we start to use such an feature, it would turn out to be as complex as APS turning out in tutorials, if you however wants it, you can mod it but I doubt that's possible, because CRAMs don't have shells as APS, they most likely just have a unmodifiable entity.

Tongue

King of the Idrillian Kingdom; also modding some blocks; my BP Thread.

[Image: h6npcjh]
2017-02-18, 12:34 AM
(2017-02-17 05:07 PM)UnderTrack Wrote:  mate, I would like to informe you that APHESH as been created by british, it's HEP round, a APHE/APHESH round that got superb pen for HE/HESH. Actualy used on Centurions tank series Tongue

+ to me you just want 2k mm HEAT/HESH guns to overpass the fact that APS is capped to 500 mm + taking more place.
Well color me surprised, that's seriously impressive.

I was personally most interested in hollow-point CRAMs, because thump damage is the most fun kind of damage and large pure-kinetic CRAM shells have a very significant tendency to overpenetrate. (I personally tend not to use explosive APS shells very much at all unless I can work in ejectors or use direct feed.) I feel like CRAM HEAT wouldn't even be very good compared to APS; APS HEAT tends to rely on a high rate of fire and possibly secondary charges to simply shred through vulnerable blocks, and the low rate of fire of CRAM plus lack of said secondaries as an option lends it to being defeated with ERA.
2017-02-18, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-02-18 07:41 AM by UnderTrack.)
(2017-02-18 12:34 AM)BioPhoenix Wrote:  I was personally most interested in hollow-point CRAMs, because thump damage is the most fun kind of damage and large pure-kinetic CRAM shells have a very significant tendency to overpenetrate. (I personally tend not to use explosive APS shells very much at all unless I can work in ejectors or use direct feed.) I feel like CRAM HEAT wouldn't even be very good compared to APS; APS HEAT tends to rely on a high rate of fire and possibly secondary charges to simply shred through vulnerable blocks, and the low rate of fire of CRAM plus lack of said secondaries as an option lends it to being defeated with ERA.

Inthis case, we could simply do a fuze with a few sliders that allow you to change :
Kinetic to HE
Kinetic to Thump
HE to Thump
EMP to Sheild Disruptor.

I say so because with the fact CRAM works by packing pellets, it would mean to convert packed pellet. to be more RP, it could even be a custom pellet packed that puts on like a normal pellet thing that pack more or less fast the pellets into thump and etc...
like a custom pellet that do apply the order of the fuze.
And low caliber HEAT/HEASH are useless, no matter ERA or anything, you would need at least 3/4 gauges on it to get it worth, as on APS.
(I find the guys that say "120mm inertial APHE guns" pretty stupid because a APHE isn't worth on such a low gauge, better spam sabot, + the hell put inertial fuze on such a gauge ? xD)

King of the Idrillian Kingdom; also modding some blocks; my BP Thread.

[Image: h6npcjh]
2017-02-18, 11:35 AM
(2017-02-18 07:39 AM)UnderTrack Wrote:  Inthis case, we could simply do a fuze with a few sliders that allow you to change :
Kinetic to HE
Kinetic to Thump
HE to Thump
EMP to Sheild Disruptor.

I say so because with the fact CRAM works by packing pellets, it would mean to convert packed pellet. to be more RP, it could even be a custom pellet packed that puts on like a normal pellet thing that pack more or less fast the pellets into thump and etc...
like a custom pellet that do apply the order of the fuze.
And low caliber HEAT/HEASH are useless, no matter ERA or anything, you would need at least 3/4 gauges on it to get it worth, as on APS.
(I find the guys that say "120mm inertial APHE guns" pretty stupid because a APHE isn't worth on such a low gauge, better spam sabot, + the hell put inertial fuze on such a gauge ? xD)

You know what? This is even better than my initial idea - though I still think it should be a new block instead of being an add-on to the fusing box. Rather than a nose cone applicator, a conversion box! (Or conversion autoloader, if it were a different type of loader.)
2017-02-18, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-02-18 07:49 PM by Dman1791.)
With how hard it is to negate APS HEAT, I don't think CRAM HEAT is a good idea, simply because it'd be pretty much impossible to protect against. But CRAM HESH and hollow point I'd LOVE to see, since HESH is all but useless on APS and the hollow point isn't that great. CRAM disruptor I don't want since CRAMS are already the best cannon option for taking down shields, at least in my experience.

It could just be a 'Special Pellet Box' which adds a 'Special Effect' option to the firing piece's Q menu, and lets you select HESH, hollow point, or [Some other non-HEAT, non-disruptor option] to use for the boxes. Alternatively it could be a very large fuze, but I like more parts vs more sliders.