Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Q: About HE bleed damage...
2017-02-17, 03:55 AM
Q: About HE bleed damage...
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to these questions, but I just want to make sure.

For instance, if you have a HE cram shell with an explosive radius larger than the block and being that the block is not destroyed from it, will it bleed through the wall it hits? My experience says yes.

Is there a way to change the damage model so that the explosion is contained outside the protected encapsulated area?

My current counter to HE bleed is to build layers of blast shields like a panzer, but it ends up looking stupid and unrealistic lol.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-02-17, 04:20 AM
RE: Q: About HE bleed damage...
Isn't the blast shield on a Panzer used to negate HEAT and HESH rounds?

This is a cat
Is this a cat?
How is that a cat?
You are a cat?
Keep the cat!
An idiot cat...
Idiot cat
Busy cat
For that cat
40 cats
Seconds please -the cat

Now read the first words of each sentance
2017-02-17, 06:17 PM
In my experience, explosives will blow up as soon as it hits and will only penetrate and explode if you 1.have the AP rating to do so and 2. have a fuse. If you want something to block HE, I would recommend layers of metal or heavy metal armour, spaced armour like a Panzer, shields or sloping to bounce none penetrating shells. Pure HE shells do tend to bounce a lot, so at least one hardener is a good idea to ensure it explodes on contact.
2017-02-18, 10:04 PM
I'm not quite sure what you're describing. HE damage normally doesn't bleed through a wall. so if your hull is totally enclosed you're safe. What HE damage does do is calculate damage to the main vehicle and damage to a sub object (turret) differently and in this case HE damage can 'bleed through' the main ship to hit the turret.

There are a few ways to counter this, the best being distance and I can explain in more detail if you want.

The best counter is probably standoff shields to catch the shells or LAMs to detonate them away. Putting armor on the turret itself (the insides) is also pretty effective.

-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.