Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WVR-Wraith
2017-02-16, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-02-20 07:39 AM by ShaadowMaaster.)
WVR-Wraith
ID: WVR
Nickname: Wraith
Class: Drone
Recommend combat group: 4 in tight group, 2 is the lowest deployment covered by any warranty.
Speed: 40m/s
Cost: ~40k material
Available weapons: 28 10 block HE Lua sea-skimming torpedoes (TT class), 10x 10 block HE Lua sea-skimming torpedoes and 18x 10 block frag Lua javelin missiles (ST class) Note: To avoid undue cheese, the Lua torpedoes have sonar seekers. These are overridden by the Lua but make the torpedoes detectable by passive sonar.
Recommended use: anti-ship
Expected performance of a recommended combat group: destruction of any ship present on Neter (They take out all the godly ships and hovercraft as far as I can see)
Limitations: vulnerable to Lua missiles and laser fire (Although they can kill the large godly LH hovercraft), either incapable of damaging or weakened against aerial targets.
Protection: Metal armor (0-3m), Lua dodging, 8 2 block flares, 4 radar flares
Repair capable: yes

[Image: attachment.php?aid=41771]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=41773]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=41770]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=41772]

Credit:
Draba for the Lua script that controls moment
ZerothAngel for the missile and torpedo script
Lemokaani for the beautiful "winglets" (http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...tid=20194)
Conn Seanery for shields and smoke

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  WVR-Wraith MT-C.blueprint (Size: 210.72 KB / Downloads: 4)
.blueprint  WVR-Wraith TT-C.blueprint (Size: 209.27 KB / Downloads: 3)

There is one way to destroy shadow: light. But light creates more shadow then it destroys. Join what you cannot destroy

You think light is the fastest in the universe? But, wherever light goes shadow got there first
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-02-16, 08:28 PM
RE: WVR-Wraith
Any comments or suggestions on how to improve it?

There is one way to destroy shadow: light. But light creates more shadow then it destroys. Join what you cannot destroy

You think light is the fastest in the universe? But, wherever light goes shadow got there first
2017-02-16, 08:46 PM
That looks terrifying in battle. Functions amazingly well, far better than my aircraft, and really is a compact, cheap ship killer. IDK how to improve this really, I'm not that great at FTD.

Please check out my BP thread!
I bet $1,000,000 somebody will make a HEAT-spam bulwark and it will get accepted.
I reply to people way too much.
2017-02-16, 08:49 PM
How to improve it = Nothing that realy matters, if I would be 100% critism :

it looks wierd so, you could try to incorporate the Big Black Block better with the blue chassis

you could add some protection (if you don't have much engine power) shield str 2 or 3 in butterfly from downwards to protect from frag or another random particule that can be bounced so.

then try to add smokes to protect from lazers.
So it could performe good enough in smaller group than recommended, or even alone.

King of the Idrillian Kingdom; also modding some blocks; my BP Thread.

[Image: h6npcjh]
2017-02-16, 08:58 PM
(2017-02-16 08:49 PM)UnderTrack Wrote:  How to improve it = Nothing that realy matters, if I would be 100% critism :

it looks wierd so, you could try to incorporate the Big Black Block better with the blue chassis

you could add some protection (if you don't have much engine power) shield str 2 or 3 in butterfly from downwards to protect from frag or another random particule that can be bounced so.

then try to add smokes to protect from lazers.
So it could performe good enough in smaller group than recommended, or even alone.

Thanks for the feedback!

It was meant to look weird and alien (as if it had a blue crystal growing on it to be specific), do you think it goes too far? If so, how would you suggest integrating it better? Just a dark blue on the metal next to the blue glass or something else?

I probably have too much power right now, I'll add some shields and smoke. I think I still have some space left inside!

Honestly, it performs fine in groups of 2 or 3, 4 is only really needed against the Thyr and Dark Star. Doesn't work too well by itself because it relies on its friend's healing it too much, but it can definitely cope.

2017-02-16, 09:20 PM
(2017-02-16 08:58 PM)ShaadowMaaster Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback!

It was meant to look weird and alien (as if it had a blue crystal growing on it to be specific), do you think it goes too far? If so, how would you suggest integrating it better? Just a dark blue on the metal next to the blue glass or something else?

I probably have too much power right now, I'll add some shields and smoke. I think I still have some space left inside!

Honestly, it performs fine in groups of 2 or 3, 4 is only really needed against the Thyr and Dark Star. Doesn't work too well by itself because it relies on its friend's healing it too much, but it can definitely cope.

Well if it was meant, then np, for me as it looked like the blue colored build was too small in compareson to the black one.

Power don't mean much if the exaust/constitancy of it don't exist, but if you're confident about them, you can go on core sheilds of a str 6/7 still on butterfly tho.

Well, try add some repair bots power inside Wink
else, with some defences, it should be good enough, it can be a OP starter.

King of the Idrillian Kingdom; also modding some blocks; my BP Thread.

[Image: h6npcjh]
2017-02-16, 09:28 PM
(2017-02-16 09:20 PM)UnderTrack Wrote:  Well if it was meant, then np, for me as it looked like the blue colored build was too small in compareson to the black one.

Power don't mean much if the exaust/constitancy of it don't exist, but if you're confident about them, you can go on core sheilds of a str 6/7 still on butterfly tho.

Well, try add some repair bots power inside Wink
else, with some defences, it should be good enough, it can be a OP starter.

I'll try adding more, but I don't really have anywhere to put it.

I meant about 6000, not enough for battleship shields! Smile I'm using steam (I think it's more thematic for a high-tech build), so consistency isn't a problem, but it is just burning material for nothing right now so I might as well add some shields.

I've got more repair bots then I feel is fair already. Smile At least with tentacles the others can get separated from the group or killed.

2017-02-20, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-02-21 06:44 PM by ShaadowMaaster.)
Updated with shields and smoke! All credit to Conn Seanery for the those. The torpedoes now have sonar seekers - these are overridden by the Lua but make them delectable to passive sonar and allow them to still hit a target if the controlling ship gets destroyed.

Note: tasty torpedoes can be intercepted by LAMs and anti torp-torps as they want to eat them just as much as the passive sonar. Smile

2017-02-21, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-02-21 04:49 PM by Dirtyowlnumber5.)
(2017-02-20 07:43 AM)ShaadowMaaster Wrote:  delectable

mm delicious torpedoes

"Narf"
2017-02-21, 06:43 PM
Thanks for telling me, I meant delectable to passive sonar, by is obviously grammatically wrong.