Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[V1.967] [all branches]
2017-03-20, 01:14 PM
RE: [V1.967] [all branches]
I have build a fast long range airship and i get very little salvage because i need to keep my speed and range.
This means i keep hunting nodes to get enough resources.
For me they are close to my only income, but thats because of the play style i have chosen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-03-22, 01:17 AM
(2017-03-20 01:14 PM)TLD Wrote:  I have build a fast long range airship and i get very little salvage because i need to keep my speed and range.
For me they are close to my only income, but thats because of the play style i have chosen.

As far as I can tell you get 'salvage' already when you damage enemy (I see the resource number go steadily up when hitting the enemy), and what's left when the ship is destroyed should stay behind - so even fighting long range you should be able to collect the salvage dumps afterwards (I was fighting from 5500m range for a long time, and picked up the salvage after the fight).

If after the combat I see two 1k nodes and one 10k salvage dump, I'd go collect the dump instead of the nodes. Well, if you opt to not go after the salvage dumps, that's a choice as you say, but I think you'll still get resources from combat itself.

Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.
2017-03-22, 04:22 PM
(2017-03-22 01:17 AM)Kiriko Wrote:  
(2017-03-20 01:14 PM)TLD Wrote:  I have build a fast long range airship and i get very little salvage because i need to keep my speed and range.

As far as I can tell you get 'salvage' already when you damage enemy (I see the resource number go steadily up when hitting the enemy), and what's left when the ship is destroyed should stay behind - so even fighting long range you should be able to collect the salvage dumps afterwards (I was fighting from 5500m range for a long time, and picked up the salvage after the fight).

If after the combat I see two 1k nodes and one 10k salvage dump, I'd go collect the dump instead of the nodes. Well, if you opt to not go after the salvage dumps, that's a choice as you say, but I think you'll still get resources from combat itself.

I am not completely sure, but i only seam to get salvage when the small green things reach my airship.
I know it is a fault in my design, that i need to keep the speed ud to avoid getting shot down and it may end in me having to start over or rebuild the craft completely.
2017-03-23, 06:04 AM
(2017-03-22 04:22 PM)TLD Wrote:  I am not completely sure, but i only seam to get salvage when the small green things reach my airship.
I know it is a fault in my design, that i need to keep the speed ud to avoid getting shot down and it may end in me having to start over or rebuild the craft completely.

Maybe. Speed isn't going to save you from lasers, unless you are fast enough to just outrun any laser ships, including fliers (and warp to different map through gate). Yes, now that you mention it, think you are right about those green things - although you should still be able to get it after battle is over.

2017-03-28, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-03-28 09:08 AM by Kiriko.)
Another random thought: Modules
Large ships are problematic becasue of all the rendering and physics involved. The needs scale exponentially, and ultimately it becomes too taxing to build bigger and more complex vehicles.

Modules would be a specific type of prefabs items. They could be any square shape (f.ex. 3x5x6 or 8x12x20), with minimum probably 3x3x3 and maximum 64x64x64. When 'captured' they could include one piece of specific node (multipurpose laser, advanced firing piece, fuel engine main block, etc), and would inherit the properties of that node - including properties given by any blocks connected to it (any laser couplers, cavities etc, fuel engine pieces, cannon parts). They could have one connection outwards, appropriate for the main block type used (multipurpose laser box <-> laser connector, firing piece box <-> mantlet, fuel engine box <-> exhaust).

A module could then be placed into a ship as a single unit, with health appropriate for the components held within. When damaged, it would lose health as a single block, and lose efficiency (firing rate, damage, power generation etc), until it would break (perhaps at 50%-25% health). It could be repaired at any point by usual means (repair tentas, repair bots, avatar), the repair speed - as well as material cost and health restored - would be dependent on cost and block count of original components.

This would allow larger ships to have some of the more complex components replaced by units that would be more simple to place, maintain and calculate, making it more feasible to build larger ships. The modules themselves would still need to be designed and built separately of course, but you could then maintain a 'module library' much like you can now maintain a set of prefabs.

Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Also, this bug is still alive and well:

I'm sitting in the heart of massive ship built of heavy armor - the control center is behind 5 layers of unbroken heavy armor (ship is at 51662/51662 blocks). And avatar still gets occasionally hit straight through all those layers by laser fire. At the screenshot (by the time I took it, after a few seconds) the health has recovered up to 90% already, but that's with 142 points put in brawler skill (76% avatar damage resist and 420% health regen increase). With zero points, the hit is often instantly fatal with no way to avoid it.

Today, 04:03 PM
(2017-03-28 08:46 AM)Kiriko Wrote:  Another random thought: Modules
Large ships are problematic becasue of all the rendering and physics involved. The needs scale exponentially, and ultimately it becomes too taxing to build bigger and more complex vehicles.

Modules would be a specific type of prefabs items. They could be any square shape (f.ex. 3x5x6 or 8x12x20), with minimum probably 3x3x3 and maximum 64x64x64. When 'captured' they could include one piece of specific node (multipurpose laser, advanced firing piece, fuel engine main block, etc), and would inherit the properties of that node - including properties given by any blocks connected to it (any laser couplers, cavities etc, fuel engine pieces, cannon parts). They could have one connection outwards, appropriate for the main block type used (multipurpose laser box <-> laser connector, firing piece box <-> mantlet, fuel engine box <-> exhaust).

A module could then be placed into a ship as a single unit, with health appropriate for the components held within. When damaged, it would lose health as a single block, and lose efficiency (firing rate, damage, power generation etc), until it would break (perhaps at 50%-25% health). It could be repaired at any point by usual means (repair tentas, repair bots, avatar), the repair speed - as well as material cost and health restored - would be dependent on cost and block count of original components.

This would allow larger ships to have some of the more complex components replaced by units that would be more simple to place, maintain and calculate, making it more feasible to build larger ships. The modules themselves would still need to be designed and built separately of course, but you could then maintain a 'module library' much like you can now maintain a set of prefabs.

It is a bit tricky to combine modules together, because week object get there resistance buffed and the strong object like armor gets weaker.

All AI blocks gets a big EMP resistance buff if they er combined with wood.

If a engine is damaged the penalty the player feels could also be completely different with combined objekts instead of how it works now.

The repair bill could also be inaccurate.