Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
8m max-block APS...
2017-01-13, 02:52 AM
RE: Thyr one-volley kill turret. (5 seconds to fire, 5 minutes to render damage)
What I found is that if you seal all the holes HEAT is defendable against in terms of damage, but if the vessel relies on shields for most of its defense its probably screwed, since the HEAT pen beam can damage the shields and then HE spam damage tears apart the hull.

[Image: DrBGmGy.png]

Join the Universal Supreme Alliance!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-13, 04:12 AM
RE: Thyr one-volley kill turret. (5 seconds to fire, 5 minutes to render damage)
(2017-01-13 02:52 AM)A Lemming Wrote:  What I found is that if you seal all the holes HEAT is defendable against in terms of damage, but if the vessel relies on shields for most of its defense its probably screwed, since the HEAT pen beam can damage the shields and then HE spam damage tears apart the hull.

It also hard counters lasers, since laser parts take 100% damage from a HEAT jet. One in the wrong place can cripple a laser system, or shred a lot of cavities.
Find all posts by this user
2017-01-13, 05:55 AM
(2017-01-13 02:13 AM)A Lemming Wrote:  Is it manually or AI aimed for those tests? I find manual aim is usually far more damaging, just due to it not being horribly inaccurate.

I've been manually aiming for center-of-mass, hopefully the AI could at least hit. Smile I'm hoping that the HE and frag components will be able to kill anything with a layer of ERA or no internal space. Or, at the very least, make some internal space! Smile I wasn't aware that laser parts took 100% damage, that probably shouldn't be the case. I'll make sure to put mine behind a few layers of ERA from now on.

There is one way to destroy shadow: light. But light creates more shadow then it destroys...

Many think light is the fastest in the universe. But, wherever light goes, darkness got there first
Find all posts by this user