Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
8m max-block APS...
2017-01-12, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-02-24 09:18 PM by ShaadowMaaster.)
8m max-block APS...
1185 components. 8m loaders. Able to kill a Thyr in a single volley, despite only firing 4m shells. This is almost the limit. Almost...

So, I went and did it. 8m autoloaders, 4 clips per loader. Also, if the gauge is limited to to 60mm, it can do sustained fire with 0s cooldown with no RPM restrictions...

If I can improve my tetris, please tell me.

The cannon is meant to be side mounted, which is why the barrel is in the middle. You can obviously move it if you want to.

The claim in the title is probably exaggerated, I don't know what the game time is. Smile I was shooting the Thyr from directly behind and aiming at the first blue block that protrudes from the deck to start the superstructure.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40879]

(Note: the autoloaders totally have warp drives built in to facilitate this ROF Smile)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  Bigger gun platform S.blueprint (Size: 173 KB / Downloads: 15)

There is one way to destroy shadow: light. But light creates more shadow then it destroys. Join what you cannot destroy

You think light is the fastest in the universe? But, wherever light goes shadow got there first
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-12, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-12 06:13 PM by amimai.)
RE: The limit of APS
What's the rp cost of that thing?

yer missin your gun...
[Image: 7b8e581a7e.png]

in god we trust all others bring data.
Bad Ideas : For !!SCIENCE!!
2017-01-12, 07:39 PM
Should be there now. Smile

(It seems to reliably kill a Thyr (from behind) with "too damaged", I thought I just got lucky originally!)

There is one way to destroy shadow: light. But light creates more shadow then it destroys. Join what you cannot destroy

You think light is the fastest in the universe? But, wherever light goes shadow got there first
2017-01-12, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-12 09:40 PM by amimai.)
BTW thyr is a terible ship to test against... It has its main turret way too close to the bottom of the ship with no ejectors, any shell that hits it there cuts the ship in half and causes it to despawn by ammo explosions

with accurate aim you can kill thyr with a 120mm AA gun by putting a couple of shells in its side at the right point, its a suicide booth...

this is the damage i did to thyr with just my avatars machinegun
[Image: 7e92a5f128.png]

2017-01-12, 09:44 PM
RE: Thyr one-volley kill turret. (5 seconds to fire, 5 minutes to render damage)
(2017-01-12 09:31 PM)amimai Wrote:  BTW thyr is a terible ship to test against... It has its main turret way too close to the bottom of the ship with no ejectors, any shell that hits it there cuts the ship in half and causes it to despawn by ammo explosions

with accurate aim you can kill thyr with a 120mm AA gun by putting a couple of shells in its side at the right point, its a suicide booth...

What would be a better ship that you can turn the AI off on? A bulwark? The Meteor's AIs turn on automatically and KO the unprotected turret for obvious reasons, but I haven't tried the other 80fp godlies yet.

As I was shooting from the back, it should be a better test as it had to cut through the whole ship. I think it gets it down to about 70% excluding the front falling off, but the damage is still being processed when the game notices the front isn't attached so I don't know what it would get down to.

2017-01-12, 10:06 PM
RE: Thyr one-volley kill turret. (5 seconds to fire, 5 minutes to render damage)
the preforator if the WF is definitely one of the tougher bastards in the game, actualy most of the WF have good hull design and dont have the problem of the SS about explosive turrets

2017-01-12, 10:45 PM
(2017-01-12 09:44 PM)ShaadowMaaster Wrote:  
(2017-01-12 09:31 PM)amimai Wrote:  BTW thyr is a terible ship to test against... It has its main turret way too close to the bottom of the ship with no ejectors, any shell that hits it there cuts the ship in half and causes it to despawn by ammo explosions

What would be a better ship that you can turn the AI off on? A bulwark? The Meteor's AIs turn on automatically and KO the unprotected turret for obvious reasons, but I haven't tried the other 80fp godlies yet.

As I was shooting from the back, it should be a better test as it had to cut through the whole ship. I think it gets it down to about 70% excluding the front falling off, but the damage is still being processed when the game notices the front isn't attached so I don't know what it would get down to.

Yeah sorry about the AIs turning on (huehuehue) but they need to because they're ACB controlled to shut down the moment missiles are imbound to focus on LAMS. Wait let me just open FtD real quick and give you a version that does not fire the weapons....

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Meteor_no_weapons.blueprint (Size: 569.58 KB / Downloads: 10)

I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

(2017-01-23 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote:  I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc
2017-01-12, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-13 02:11 AM by ARCAGNELL0.)
Did some tests and it seems to be capable of surviving at least one volley most of the time, but the second one Always kills it since the shields on where it's hit are downed in the first volley and the second one would pass right thru and either core the AI or get the ammo racks on the sides.

It should be able to keep itself flying after the first volley most of the times but that's about it Tongue

P.S. The two screenshots are two different istances

P.S. 2 oh lol it actually managed to survive two volleys out of sheer luck since the AIs/PIDs were not cored along with the thrusters...finally some advantage in putting the AI in the back Tongue

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

(2017-01-23 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote:  I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc
2017-01-13, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-13 02:13 AM by A Lemming.)
Is it manually or AI aimed for those tests? I find manual aim is usually far more damaging, just due to it not being horribly inaccurate.

[Image: DrBGmGy.png]

Join the Universal Supreme Alliance!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-01-13, 02:44 AM
(2017-01-13 02:13 AM)A Lemming Wrote:  Is it manually or AI aimed for those tests? I find manual aim is usually far more damaging, just due to it not being horribly inaccurate.

Manual aim, the turret is not AI controlled. I aimed at the dead middle of the Meteor. They AI would've aimed at the strategically placed ammo racks on the sides so it wouldn't have done so much crippling damage. Still tough that amount of HEAT is basically undefendable. It can keep flying all it wants but after testing the damage basically half laser pumps and missile gantries were cut off. Something withing the 13-14k block found range able to properly field a cannon turret of this sort would be quite something...