Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Make steam engines need smokestacks
2018-01-05, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-01-05 10:45 AM by Skyer.)
RE: Make steam engines need smokestacks
(2018-01-05 09:45 AM)link.qwerty Wrote:  .........

Welcome to the forums, and that is a serious wAll of text ^^ probably will read it when home if i dont forget it
Also a little bit of a necro but no matter

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-05, 05:47 PM
(2018-01-05 10:44 AM)Skyer Wrote:  

Welcome to the forums, and that is a serious wAll of text ^^ probably will read it when home if i dont forget it

Excellent necro actually, Skyer. It is a wild be really nice suggestion. Here is the slightly shorter version of what link.qwerty suggests:
1: Option to burn fuel instead of materials. Perhaps different efficiency for fuel.
2: Force the use of air intakes. If water level reaches air intake or exhaust: boiler shuts down. Add blocks to route air from intake to boiler.
3: If boiler body is in flooded room and is hot, the boiler should explode as the warm inside vs cold outside causes (too much) stress in the boiler housing.
4: add valves for air intake and exhaust to allow prevetion of boiler shut-down. (Multiple air intakes, boiler doesnt shut down if a single valved air intake is flooded)
5: Add nuclear reactor with all kinds of reactor simulation as alternate steam source.

I would add the following suggestion:
Allow fuel to be burnt for much better efficiency. Fuel-fired boilers need at least 1 chimney and 1 air intake. Add chimneys and intakes to increase boiler performance. perhaps also add a 'economizer' chimney block.

Everything that ever started to exist, has a cause.

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3
2018-01-07, 07:41 AM
(2018-01-05 05:47 PM)NutterChap Wrote:  
(2018-01-05 10:44 AM)Skyer Wrote:  

Excellent necro actually, Skyer. It is a wild be really nice suggestion. Here is the slightly shorter version of what link.qwerty suggests:
1: Option to burn fuel instead of materials. Perhaps different efficiency for fuel.
2: Force the use of air intakes. If water level reaches air intake or exhaust: boiler shuts down. Add blocks to route air from intake to boiler.
3: If boiler body is in flooded room and is hot, the boiler should explode as the warm inside vs cold outside causes (too much) stress in the boiler housing.
4: add valves for air intake and exhaust to allow prevetion of boiler shut-down. (Multiple air intakes, boiler doesnt shut down if a single valved air intake is flooded)
5: Add nuclear reactor with all kinds of reactor simulation as alternate steam source.

I would add the following suggestion:
Allow fuel to be burnt for much better efficiency. Fuel-fired boilers need at least 1 chimney and 1 air intake. Add chimneys and intakes to increase boiler performance. perhaps also add a 'economizer' chimney block.

So it is, and besides I suggest using air intakes not only for boilers. For fuel engines too.

An 'Economizer' chimney block is a good suggestion. That all that you need for provide boiler with air (without an air intake). Less effectively but not need a lot of space to accommodate it.