Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Undo or autosave
2017-01-08, 12:02 PM
Undo or autosave
As a relatively new player, removing one block by accident, and having it undo an hour of effort is enough to make me quit.

There were a few posts on the steam forum about it, but no real resolution.

Is there a way to have an autosave, or undo option?

If not, I will wait until there is to play again; as mistakes happen, and constantly saving is not yet a habit of mine.

Cheers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-08, 10:59 PM
RE: Undo or autosave
Constantly saving is something you should be doing. Make it a habit, and mistakes like this wont be that big of a deal.

"...fail-safes, well, I can't think of a time where you would want to shoot your own craft.."
Grav-Drives
Self-Detonating Suicide Drones/Missiles
The Glorious Self-Destruct Button
Insubordination
2017-01-08, 11:05 PM
All I can say to ye lad I'd to, as Red said save frequently but also jus' be careful what ye be removin' though I doubt ye should quit such a great game because of somethin' so minor an' 1 hour in FTD is nothin' to lament. Arrrgh!
2017-01-08, 11:08 PM
(2017-01-08 10:59 PM)Redstorm Wrote:  Constantly saving is something you should be doing. Make it a habit, and mistakes like this wont be that big of a deal.
(2017-01-08 11:05 PM)Pirate King Dygrelan Wrote:  All I can say to ye lad I'd to, as Red said save frequently but also jus' be careful what ye be removin' though I doubt ye should quit such a great game because of somethin' so minor an' 1 hour in FTD is nothin' to lament. Arrrgh!
Thank you.

I assume this means there is no autosave or undo option, nor any plans for either

I appreciate your responses, and will take them under advisement.

Cheers.
2017-01-13, 02:18 AM
Welcome to the forums!

It might be possible to make a mod that saves after a set amount of time. Eg. an "auto-save" every five minutes. There is still the small problem of the auto-save triggering right after you accidentally remove part of a vehicle, but that is probably solvable.

My best advice is to: "Save often and live happy"

"I don't have to reinvent the wheel because you can teach me how it works."
"I tried being normal, but it got boring, so I went back to being me."