Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[1.965] Drag bug
2016-12-23, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-12-23 10:58 AM by sundy123.)
[1.965] Drag bug
Originally I though this was a design fault, but after numerous trails and help from the forum, the issue didn't get resolved. Here is what happened.

I had a new dd, which would strangely start steering all by itself, after some experimentation, I found removing a certain number of turrets helped. So I thought it was the turret's problem, but after rebuilding the hull and turret, the problem persisted. Later, I found that some of my other ships also have this problem when they didn't use to do it. They details and more subtle information are here: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...016&page=3

And this is a picture that a nice fellow member produced, saying that the grey line with arrows pointing to it is the problem, but I think there is also the problem that the drag line seems to be offset, sometimes to the left, sometimes to the right.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40222]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-12-24, 06:08 PM
RE: [1.965] Drag bug
I think this bug is not in the right category. Should be in the master thread, not in singleplayer bugs.
Anyway, I'm having the same problem with one of my destroyers. I've tried to locate the issue, but I'm unsure what it is. My logic tells me it's caused by an imbalance due to more weight pushing on one side, but I've failed to find the source of the problem and can barely correct it by adding weight to the other side in order to compensate.
The problem isn't very big, so it doesn't make the ship unusable, but still.
On another note, it would be handy if we could trim the rudders to compensate for these sort of problems.

[Image: jVrDXr2.jpg]

I've included the bp down below

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  HMS Superiority.blueprint (Size: 391.19 KB / Downloads: 4)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply