Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Guaibee's Useful (and experimental) Fuel Engine Platform
2017-01-25, 06:47 AM
RE: Guaibee's Useful (and experimental) Fuel Engine Platform
I'm currently taking a break in updating this platform for a combination of school, interest in building actual vehicles and lack of inspiration/new tetris ideas.
I can take a look at the 5x5x9 and whether I can reroute the exhaust exit, perhaps with a slight reduction in PPF. Perhaps you would feel better when you know that half of my piping attempts and new engine designs end up being disastrous.

[Image: 50157_s.png]
[Image: 50157_v.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-25, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-25 08:07 AM by Richard Dastardly.)
You can easily just reroute the 5x5 to exhaust on the top - step 1 is to flip the engine upsideown, and step 2 is to rotate the last turbo like the yellow one here:

[Image: 32513839295_9dd42cc5c1_c.jpg]

OK so it's not on the top *in the middle*, but it's still the top.

Poke my boat! help me improve & learn from my mistakes. Update - Mink/M-class revision 3, O-class prototype ASW frigate - 10/6/17
2017-01-25, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-02-04 05:20 AM by Krougal.)
@Guaibee , I can totally understand that. Engines to me are the hardest thing in this game to design, and then it isn't sexy like things that blow other things up.

@Richard , Yeah that will work thanks! I've given up on them being in the center a long time ago, but I typically just can't work with it on the front/back. Granted I should probably have bulkheads in between, and then just cut a hole through that.

EDIT - Been away a week. Anyway, that doesn't work for the particular engine in question Sad I need to do some more experimenting or find a different engine
2017-02-09, 03:08 PM
Latest update is out. Didn't test the middle section for the alternate high power 5x5x(9+4n) engine when I made it, so apparently it doesn't fit well with the head and tail. Fixed it with pipe and turbo rearrangements.

Added a 5x5x5 injector cluster, with 73.872 PPBB at full load, probably the best injector I have made and seen yet.

2017-03-20, 04:39 PM
New update is out, one more 6x5xn high power engine, stacked version of the carpet engine so the cross section becomes 6x5, and a new 78K PPF engine in 7x7x8 space. And I almost forgot, finally included the slightly more power-dense high power engine in 5x5x2n.

At this point, new updates are more for my personal collection and for completing the power-density/efficiency spectrum and the range of different sizes than any actual functional purpose. I'll let everyone know if there is an update to engines that makes them obsolete or opens up new possibilities, or if somehow I obtain enlightenment and make some amazing stuff (that someone hasn't already made yet), but at this point most if not all quirks have been fixed and it is no longer absolutely necessary to keep your version up to date if you have an older one. Thanks for taking a look and using these designs, and hope you enjoy the power they provide.