Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
Battleship Brawl, Season 3 (Accepting Submissions)
Today, 02:21 AM
RE: Battleship Brawl, Season 3 (Accepting Submissions)
My 2nd entry that isn't on the list (shock and awe) yet beats everything shared so far very quickly. The only ship that can stand up to it is tsushima and my entry will beat it 75% of the time. So looking forward to see how it does. My first entry, Rack em up will not make it very far. But will be fun to see it get rocked. Smile

Tsushima has definitely earned its place in the hall of champions. Its a great looking ship and performs very well. Much better designed ship than I am capable of doing right now! Need a lot of time to put something together that good looking with performance to back it up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Today, 02:23 AM
(Yesterday 12:03 AM)The_Fod Wrote:  Here's my latest (and first) submission for the brawl:

The X36_03f_Allt 'a Chaorainn

It goes 19m/s and features two quad 2000mm “Remove Boat” main turrets, with three dual 1500mm “Afterthought” secondaries, and is made with only the finest bricks lined with heavy armour.

[Image: Untitled6.png]
[Image: Untitled7.png]

Just want to say that this ship looks bad ass! I hope it performs as well as it looks! I moved away from fewer, more powerful gun designs and went with more, less powerful guns. I'm thinking that cram spam will wreck quad barreled guns. Will be fun to watch!
Today, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: Today 11:37 AM by TheConeezeanEmperor.)
Am I the only one who gets Halo Covenant Seraph or Phantom vibes from the X36_03f_Allt 'a Chaorainn? Just paint it purple and there you go: (First one is a Seraph, the second a Phantom) [Image: latest?cb=20131218225652][Image: PhantomH3.png]
Today, 02:44 PM
(Today 02:23 AM)Rocky5178 Wrote:  Just want to say that this ship looks bad ass! I hope it performs as well as it looks! I moved away from fewer, more powerful gun designs and went with more, less powerful guns. I'm thinking that cram spam will wreck quad barreled guns. Will be fun to watch!

In testing that was found to be an issue, however not as often as you might think, as the "deck" of the ship is at the same sort of height that most people tend to put their bridges at - meaning that CRAM shells tend to come in at a pretty flat angle, so they tend to only damage the turrets most of the time, rather than outright disable them (the turrets being lined with HA also helps).

The plan is for it to take the majority of the shots on the easy to hit sloped sides of the craft, which is where it has the heaviest armour. Whether this works in practice remains to be seen.

(Today 11:35 AM)TheConeezeanEmperor Wrote:  Am I the only one who gets Halo Covenant Seraph or Phantom vibes from the X36_03f_Allt 'a Chaorainn?

I was going for a sort of alien vibe to it, yeah. I didn't really take inspiration from the Covenant, instead I looked at Wh40K Tau craft, and Star Wars vehicles more.

[Image: latest?cb=20080419193910]
[Image: latest?cb=20140916032031]

Makes things fly more frequently than Robin Arryn.

Also does not boat.
Today, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: Today 03:03 PM by NutterChap.)
Fiddling with inline turbos again. In previous versions (before the exhaust pipe rethink) the inline turbos had a specific entry point and exist point: the entry always used to be in line with the turbo, and the exist would be the connect on the side. Since I dont see the usual entry/exit symbols on it anymore, can I switch the entry/exit around, now? It would greatly help if someone can check this for me (engine would be 9 long, 5 wide and 3 tall, 800 pwr and mad efficiency). If not, it would be back to the drawing board on this layout. Confused

Never mind, it works Smile
800 power per engine, 0.2 fuel usage per second @ 100%. 9 long, 5 wide, 3 tall, 263 materials. Seeing 3700+ power per fuel/second makes me giggle, being used to engine tetris in the older system Smile With 5 of these in my next entry, I only need 600 fuel in this ship, for 10 minutes exactly if they were to run 100%. Which they will not, because the hull is reasonably efficient...)

I hope you will put up with a little more of my foolishness. Please bear with me.
2 Corinthians 11:1
Today, 03:15 PM
Congratulations to Tomson! The HMS Grand has been inducted into the Hall of Beauty with 48 yes votes to 3 no votes. That's 94%!

[Image: Z6hwUQz.jpg]
Today, 03:29 PM
Oh, welp, my engine Tetris is now ALL OUTDATED! GAGH! But I will not surrender my high up position on the list for it...
Today, 03:45 PM
Roster updated and inbox is clear.

[Image: Z6hwUQz.jpg]