Poll: What do you think ?
Kids + Internet + Globalization
Gaming companies
No consequences for your action (Most of the time)
Something else
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Internet community getting progressively worse and worse ?
2017-09-01, 08:33 AM
RE: Internet community getting progressively worse and worse ?
Not-grown-ups try to reach their goals by whining sometimes. That's natural.
(Game) Companies employing uninformed marketing guys who go for the quick moneygrab tactics is human. They must be destroyed.
Remember Supreme Commander TWO blasphemy.

Usually in any field we consider someone as lesser, we must lead them by our glorious example.
Or whack his legs off, and shove up them into his nose - not literally.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

"Why did you reposted your question, there is a thread for that already"
versus
"Why didn't you made a new topic, instead necroing this one"
Humanz Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-01, 12:08 PM
[Image: ThreadNecro.gif]

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside Tongue
Find all posts by this user
2017-09-07, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-07 08:00 PM by MizarLuke.)
FTD is good, because without major forum help, anyone with an IQ below around 90 will find it impossible, and if they annoy people on the forums too much, they won't get help. I do smarts well (:, and enjoy the game because of the complexity and difficulty. I would definitely consider myself younger than average here, and when I was even younger, I had no clue what I was doing whatsoever, and I'm fairly smart, now image a lower-than-average 8 year old with no social experience.
Also, the easy ability to cheat and cyber bully in MMO games and any game with non-selective multiplayer can make it unplayable. With Steam and games like this, you choose your friends to play with, or you get a limited number of more serious players.
Pay-to-win caused by certain game companies ruins the otherwise good games, including overly expensive, necessary DLCs.
FTD is a great game because of these things, along with the massive player includement in the game's development. However, I think it should have spent less time in early access.
Either way, great game, development, and marketing strategies Nick.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-09-08, 12:48 AM
(2016-11-30 10:51 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:  I see two main problems today's gaming:

-Kids

As other people have said, the average age of gamers seems to be dropping (look at Minecraft). This is leading to people becoming on average (for lack of a better word) more retarded. They tend to be immature, easily triggered and just bad at gaming in general. In many games they spam the chat, begging for items/money (and somehow expecting to receive them), and whenever there is any sort of team PvP they are a huge disadvantage to their team. Furthermore, their apparently rather limited mental capacity feeds into the other problem.

-Companies

I think since microtransactions were invented, many games, in particular 'free' games, have gone steadily downhill. Devs like Nick or the guy who made Reassembly (sorry I can't remember his name) who actually care about the community are becoming very rare, with most companies adopting an EA-style strategy: milk the players for every penny they have. Don't worry about making enjoyable gameplay; just make a dramatic and wildly erroneous trailer video to draw in the customers. Slap on the 'free-to-play' tag and tell the players after they have started playing how to insert their hard-earned (or borrowed from their parents) cash into your wallet via P2W, pay-to-not-wait, pay-to-not-grind, or by charging for new updates by calling them 'DLCs' or even calling it a whole new game. Stuck for game ideas? Just rip off a famous title like 'Clash of Clans' or 'Hearthstone', with no regard whatsoever for the idiocy of your decision, even from a business point of view. (Why would anyone play the rip-off over the actual game?) Or, even better, abandon the development of your game in spite of it being utterly unplayable on account of bugs and non-existent optimisation, and then prepare to make a new one, beginning of course with a downright fraudulent Kickstarter campaign.

Together, these two factors create a vicious circle: more kids in gaming -> easier to make money via P2W -> mature players lose interest/more kids join -> add more microtransactions to squeeze more money out of them -> ad infinitum

Some huge disappointments from games I have played have given me a very bleak idea of the future of gaming, and I shall share some of these below (mainly from my Steam library, and I have for the most part not included games I have never played)

Good

Endless Sky - Actually free. No microtransactions, and also genuinely enjoyable gameplay and storyline, along with content updates coming at an acceptable rate
Floating Point - Not going to keep you entertained for weeks, but it looks very polished and is totally free.
From The Depths - I don't think I have to tell you how good this game is.
Reassembly - A dev who is very friendly and who made an actually enjoyable game. Sadly it seems that there will be no more updates, although the game is still very good as it is.
Terraria - Not perfect, but the gameplay is well fleshed-out and enjoyable, and big content updates come from time to time. I am particularly impressed with how long it has survived without going to sh**.

Bad

Minecraft - Overrun with immature players who make it a much less enjoyable experience. Also the rate of development is very slow.
Cube World - An odd case, the dev made the beginnings of a beautiful and enjoyable game, then essentially went silent for 3 years. And counting.
Bloons TD Battles - Pay = win. Not pay = not win.
Fractured Space - I only got this because it was temporarily free. Then they made it permanently free, without regard for the concerns of the players who paid for it. I haven't really played it, since it crashes on startup.
Planetary Annihilation - Possibly the scummiest devs on the face of the planet. They make many exciting trailers to announce their next game, along with a Kickstarter with many exciting promises. They then proceed to break those promises, treat their players like absolute sh**, and then abandon the game and run away with the money while it is still in an unplayable state.
No Man's Sky - I never played it, but my brother pirated it and I was able to experience the hideous and tedious grindfest that it was, as well as seeing all the broken promises and crushed dreams from the steam reviews.
Robocraft - Just before the MOBA update that started it all, I was thoroughly enjoying myself in this game. Then the dreaded update hit and the game was rapidly degraded into a disgusting RNGfest with the hard-earned balance instantly and irreparably shattered. I haven't enjoyed it since.
Spiral Knights - The game which comes third in terms of hours I have clocked, I quite enjoyed it for a long time, however the lack of players and extreme pay-to-win, along with absurdly slow development and a rapidly decreasing playerbase led me to abandon it for a long time. I came back more recently to find that the company (which had presumably had financial troubles for a long time, and was previously propped up by SEGA) had been disbanded, and replaced by 'Gray Havens', who ramped up the pay-to-win in a last-ditch attempt to make sufficient money to allow it to continue. This was quite sad, since the artwork, music and storyline are beautiful and I invested a lot of time in this game.
Starbound - This one was a source of great sadness for me, since it showed such promise. Like Robocraft, it took a huge blow in the form of a major update, and for Starbound it was moving away from the sandbox feel of Terraria which ruined it. It went through 3 phases: phase one was where it was at its highest, then it moved into phase 2 with update 'Upbeat Giraffe', which was characterised by much worse gameplay, stupid and pointless lore changes which made no sense, and false promises about what phase 3 would be like. Also, for some reason, they hired seemingly 10 new aurtists, who proved to be about as productive as one good one, and the quality of what they produced was mediocre at the same time. What really ruined it for me as the game entered phase 3 ie version 1.0 (where some of the negative changes of phase 2 were reversed, while others were made even worse) was that the main dev (Tiyuri) had said something along the lines of 'I'm really glad we chose to wait until the full release to add the main storyline. It is really something to look forward to.', then version 1.0 came out with the most generic and uninspiring storyline I have seen in years.
Spiral Knights huh?
I remember that game. I was a high ranking member of The Shadow Brotherhood. That was a major guild at the time.
I still ocasionally boot it up for a Clockworks run.

Combined Communities Front Directorate
Kiso best Light Cruiser. Nagato Best BB.
2600 Hours Ingame and Counting
2017-09-09, 12:57 PM
May as well join in

There is an absence of another reason for the internet community
Cringy, idiotic people.

You know who I'm saying
The one who shares buzzfeed or anything similar
The one idiot who believe in everything they see
Conspiracy theorists, includes flat earthers and "the earth is 2000 years old" people

Also just to add to the list of good games, cosmoteer shows a lot of promise with a great dev, a proper free game.

Darkness always surrounds light

There is never enough dakka. More is always better.
[Image: eai9kib.png]
[Image: jQbChCV.png]
2017-09-09, 03:17 PM
(2017-09-08 12:48 AM)ComradeGreen Wrote:  Spiral Knights huh?
I remember that game. I was a high ranking member of The Shadow Brotherhood. That was a major guild at the time.
I still ocasionally boot it up for a Clockworks run.

I was thinking of coming back to it at some point if it's still alive, but last time I tried I couldn't complete the missions after Vanaduke since I couldn't solo the void levels and the chance of finding someone to do it with is basically zero.

But yeah, I did just enjoy going through the Clockworks from time to time.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside Tongue