Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New, bigger steam controller blocks
2016-11-30, 12:57 PM
New, bigger steam controller blocks
Simple suggestion. Please read this small steam balance thread I just wrote to know what I'm talking about.

Give us new bigger steam controllers that can not control boilers smaller than themselfes but provide ramp-up time bonuses

1) 2x2 steam controller: +50% ramp up time bonus

2) 3x3 steam controller: +75% ramp up time bonus

3)4x4 steam controller: +100% ramp up time bonus (if 4x4x1 boilers get added)

4) 5x5 steam controller: +125 ramp up time bonus (if 5x5x1 boilers get added)

This would allow for more diversified

I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

Dango over flowers -Japanese idiom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-09, 04:16 PM
RE: New, bigger steam controller blocks
This isn't the same concept as Arcangell0, but I like the idea of a master steam controller block.

For example, I tend to use three large boiler pieces to make a "boiler" for my larger designs. I've built a knockoff of the Greek armored cruiser Georgios Averof and am currently working on a dreadnought based on the German Helgoland-class (I'm using the hexagonal turret layout and three funnels as a signature look for the heavier ships in a fleet I'm building), both of which have multiple "boilers" made of three large boilers each.

In my engineering spaces, I have several of these boilers in place that are all connected to the same system of steam piping and each one has a controller. Rather than having to visit each boiler to adjust power output, I think a great idea would be the addition of a master controller. It would recognize every steam controller block placed in the vehicle and allow you to interface with all of them from one location. The menu would be easy enough with a master slider above a scroll list of each steam controller.

Adding this piece would allow players to adjust their steam plant from a location of their choosing, be it on the bridge next to their vehicle controller or via an engineering "central" type of space.

Cheers!

CaptainFVV

See my builds here:
Naval Register of Confederate States Ships (Alternate History Early 1900s/WWI)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply