Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[2.02]AI Target Block Selection 'Obsessiveness'
2017-01-09, 03:47 PM
RE: [1.96-1.966]AI Aimpoint 'Obsessiveness'
I am also having heavy issues with this.

One of the Advantages od the Dominion is to have so much laser beams firing off at once that it will aim everywhere on the enemy craft disabling most weapons, this patch now somehow broke this and the Dominion keeps switching between aiming at the AI/ammo rack of things or the middle of the enemy unit (rarely tho); I suppose we're talking about the same issue here or that the two bugs are so closely related I might aswell write it here.

I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

(2017-01-23 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote:  I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-15, 04:25 AM
RE: [1.96-1.967]AI Aimpoint 'Obsessiveness'
I managed to create new topic on this, how "smart". Will monitor this one now. Seems aiming was generally broken then.
2017-04-15, 08:08 AM
RE: [1.96-1.967]AI Aimpoint 'Obsessiveness'
Yeah, this thing is quite an annoying issue, making you basically need aimpoint cards to ensure it at least aims at vitals.

My huge battleship, without Aimpoint, would regularly aim at superstructures of ships, or sterns, making its slow ROF 8m 500mm cannons do minor damage at best...
2017-09-22, 09:48 AM
RE: [2.02]AI Aimpoint 'Obsessiveness'
Bumping this again, because this issue still exists in 2.02 and it really interferes with trying to use CRAMs and lower RoF APS.
2017-09-22, 09:54 AM
RE: [2.02]AI Aimpoint 'Obsessiveness'
It interferes with all weapons, if important ones choose a hard to kill block far from vital things you are automatically fkd.
Bumping the bump as it's really, really annoying.
2017-09-22, 04:41 PM
RE: [2.02]AI Target Block Selection 'Obsessiveness'
I'll bump it also, because it's a major problem.
And on top of that, the solution is simple.