Thread Rating:
  • 52 Votes - 4.52 Average
(post your) Teaser
2017-09-23, 03:21 AM
RE: (post your) Teaser
[Image: jWU4Cu1.png]
[Image: wOTNptQ.png]
[Image: LnsIQDQ.png]
Having the same rear turret issue as the warden, otherwise it's complete. May try to shimmy more power inside, add torps, and fix the roll issues in combat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-23, 11:12 PM
(2017-09-22 10:22 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  16k's worth of laser helicopter ( what a fantastic combination of words ) has beaten everything DWG & OW in the designer & a fair bit of WF; this seems a little broken... and it's even cheaper if made of wood & almost as effective.

you made a laser craft under 20k that's worth a Lamb? i'm interested.

-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.
Yesterday, 01:10 AM
Update! Sooooo, after half a round of wrangling out a pagoda mast ad-hoc... I decided I needed two things:
1) Planning, and
2) A stairwell.
So here we are...

[Image: iNe6FES.jpg]

"Do not meddle with the affairs of destroyers, for their aim is true and torpedoes are deadly."
Yesterday, 09:57 PM
(2017-09-22 10:22 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  16k's worth of laser helicopter ( what a fantastic combination of words ) has beaten everything DWG & OW in the designer & a fair bit of WF; this seems a little broken... and it's even cheaper if made of wood & almost as effective.

That craft is not too dissimilar to my own recent thinking about aircraft. I see I'll need to hurry up and finish one. Does it use attitude adjustment to aim?
Yesterday, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: Today 12:10 AM by Richard Dastardly.)
(Yesterday 09:57 PM)gorice Wrote:  

That craft is not too dissimilar to my own recent thinking about aircraft. I see I'll need to hurry up and finish one. Does it use attitude adjustment to aim?

Uses draba's hover-ai in aim-forwards mode at the moment ( not entirely what I want it to do, would like it to move laterally a bit more ). The laser has full 45deg azimuth & elevation despite being buried in the hull, so it doesn't really need to point forwards ( although it might shoot bits of the nose off at extreme angles... )

[Image: 37224642952_b051c153d6_c.jpg]
[Image: 36626073173_9c7a6bd100_c.jpg]

It takes forever to sink anything large & OW, but it'll do it - it's only got 5k engine power to run everything so it's not that surprising. A don't-care-about-running-cost version with steam & filling the spare space with laser would be quite nasty.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - 6 ships made 2.0 aware. Regularily doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again; great game but not worth the literal headache.
Today, 11:21 AM
[Image: 2017-09-25_20_20_30.jpg]

Combined Communities Front Directorate
Kiso best Light Cruiser. Nagato Best BB.
2600 Hours Ingame and Counting
Today, 02:03 PM
Hard... time to make the decision to choose... which tank will go to the Tank contest.

[Image: rQcAoK8.png]

[Image: LFKkJlX.png?1]
[Image: 8AIFkbk.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Today, 03:41 PM
(Yesterday 11:58 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  
(Yesterday 09:57 PM)gorice Wrote:  

Uses draba's hover-ai in aim-forwards mode at the moment ( not entirely what I want it to do, would like it to move laterally a bit more ). The laser has full 45deg azimuth & elevation despite being buried in the hull, so it doesn't really need to point forwards ( although it might shoot bits of the nose off at extreme angles... )

It takes forever to sink anything large & OW, but it'll do it - it's only got 5k engine power to run everything so it's not that surprising. A don't-care-about-running-cost version with steam & filling the spare space with laser would be quite nasty.

Nifty. I've never liked using lasers, but I was thinking about making something airborne and ridiculous with a spinal weapon like that. I've also been toying with a twin rotor design (though mine would be a tilt rotor -- very efficient if you set it up right).
Today, 04:44 PM
A WIP for the next of my "baby battleships": a WWI dreadnought inspired by the german Nassau-class.

[Image: C0227A540AB4F820D22E2ED8BFE199D7CC2C13C5]

As usual, it is only VAGUELY inspired by a real ship (funnels arrangement doesn't match real vessel, but they trully fit for my engine exhaust). It will carry 6 dual-873mm-CRAM turrets, in that typical hexagon arrangement. It will be also fully walkable and fitted with shields, LAMS, and a CIWS to remain more or less combat-worthy.