Thread Rating:
  • 52 Votes - 4.52 Average
(post your) Teaser
2014-11-02, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-11-02 09:14 PM by samlow.)
RE: (post your) Teaser
Looking nice.

Well, basically 1 of each type, preferrably in the default SS arsenal by the time you encounter this beast.
I won't know about the perfect size yet till I finish the flight deck. But 12 wide would be a good start. Heli blades can reach wider though. The ship is huge, but anything flying should look compact compared to most things flying ingame now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-11-02, 09:21 PM
Here is another pic
[Image: 0OYezAt.jpg]

[Referring to drumstick engines] "majyst:The Rapier? WTF, cant Teamspeak people just build a Lamb ship without trying to cheat the system"
I've made some forum themes.
2014-11-02, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-11-02 09:30 PM by samlow.)
Educated guess:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa-class_battleship

My ship is based off the Nimitz-class Supercarrier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimitz-clas...ft_carrier
2014-11-02, 09:30 PM
(2014-11-02 09:25 PM)samlow Wrote:  Educated guess:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa-class_battleship

My ship is based off the Nimitz-class Supercarrier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimitz-clas...ft_carrier

Nailed it.

[Referring to drumstick engines] "majyst:The Rapier? WTF, cant Teamspeak people just build a Lamb ship without trying to cheat the system"
2014-11-02, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-11-02 11:08 PM by elboydo.)
Ahh after looking the queen elizibeth picture it did make me think it might be a nimits or some form of crazy big american super carrier Tongue

wow they are both looking great and to consider i spent the last hour struggling to make this forward hull match up with blocks that don't fit properly either that or i need to re-look at it whilst you two have those beauties coming together.
[Image: yXuJqB5.jpg]

Also i realized today that i'm actually trying to re-create a ship that sank within 1200m of her maiden voyage Tongue

Elboydos workshop content
I make youtube didn'cha'know?
2014-11-03, 12:39 AM
Work ongoing 70% done

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=321528337

[Image: 8EBA8F96C7FC4CCE8B1718A9DFE282776855E3AA]
2014-11-03, 04:15 AM
Progress!
[Image: rFYv9eM.png][Image: vUr8DLy.png][Image: t0CWiGz.png]

2014-11-03, 04:46 AM
[Image: cvconcept_by_hamcrumbs-d853nuk.png]

Since everyone is talking about aircraft carrier tech, I might wanna share the concept I came up with that might help with CVs. The picture above is a carrier concept I came up with and it's quite problematic in its respect so I decided not to push through with it. Anyways, this thing has 3 aircraft hangars at the back and a "catapult" spawner at the front. The hangars have docking stations laid down facing up so the aircraft can be recalled from above and stored. you can tweak the docking station is make the aircraft hangout on the top deck instead of the hangars as well(for easy takeoffs) Since we can't get elevators up in FTD yet, I got spinblocks to open up half of the carrier instead. Oh, those mini-mig 29's are around 15k RP and is 11x14 in size, large carriers with larger jets are rather costly to make Sad
2014-11-03, 08:34 AM
(2014-11-03 04:46 AM)hamsterCrumbs Wrote:  [Image: cvconcept_by_hamcrumbs-d853nuk.png]

Since everyone is talking about aircraft carrier tech, I might wanna share the concept I came up with that might help with CVs. The picture above is a carrier concept I came up with and it's quite problematic in its respect so I decided not to push through with it. Anyways, this thing has 3 aircraft hangars at the back and a "catapult" spawner at the front. The hangars have docking stations laid down facing up so the aircraft can be recalled from above and stored. you can tweak the docking station is make the aircraft hangout on the top deck instead of the hangars as well(for easy takeoffs) Since we can't get elevators up in FTD yet, I got spinblocks to open up half of the carrier instead. Oh, those mini-mig 29's are around 15k RP and is 11x14 in size, large carriers with larger jets are rather costly to make Sad

you know those doors for your hangar? why not retrofit your carrier into a Missile Destroyer?
2014-11-03, 09:52 AM
three 15x15x5 hatches... that's 3x15x15 missiles. 675 missiles can fit in this carrier.

HOLY spaghetti.