Thread Rating:
  • 52 Votes - 4.52 Average
(post your) Teaser
2014-11-02, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-11-02 08:11 PM by samlow.)
RE: (post your) Teaser
Quote: Wouldn't a barrage of GOOD missiles and snub barrel high caliber artillery smash through a metal hull like that?

My Flotilla high calibar guns take about 5 seconds to completely destroy the hull medium to close range. But on the other hand, those guns obliterate almost anything. The Kinstead takes some more time, and is a match for it. But a second layer is not gonna help much versus those ships in those circumstances, will take 10 seconds instead of 5.. Not worth the time/resources.

Will be focussing on good damage control instead.
- More smaller outer hull compartiments, thinking of steel bulkheads over alloy
- Ammo and fuel bunker. Layered steel and stone probably
- Redundant control systems
- Command bunker in addition to the bridge
- Decent (but not too many) repair systems
- LAMS & decoys
- Light defense systems

This ship should probably deploy in the reserves lane, coupled with a anti-ship and anti-air frigate (like it would in the real world). My plan is to have it spawn with 2 small jets already in the air (hamsterCrumbs Flounder looks good for this). Thinking of having it build jets at a decent rate (2 every 2-3 minutes), in addition to a slow stream of support helicopters (Helix) and later on a single wing of Apache attack helicopters.

Carriers are not defensive ships.. they are meant to attack and gain air superiority/ground support. Take them out fast with concentrated fire, or their continued presence will destroy your fleet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-11-02, 08:08 PM
Isn't that the mountain Sauron lives in?
2014-11-02, 08:12 PM
This is the Shoehorn, a soon to be SS fleet carrier, roughly based on the Nimitz Class supercarrier.
2014-11-02, 08:18 PM
Close enough :I

Looks good so far mate, keep it up.
2014-11-02, 08:18 PM
Suggestions to make it more effective while in the style / balance are welcome ofcourse!

Basically It's not designed as a fortress. Thats what the battleships are for. Spawn this alongside one of those and youll have a hard time picking your target... Target the Carrier and get sustained cannon barrage... Target the Battleship and wait for air support to stack up...
2014-11-02, 08:34 PM
You got some ideas for the Fighters? If not id be happy to give it a shot. Been messing around with small craft a lot lately so.
2014-11-02, 08:41 PM
(2014-11-02 08:34 PM)HijackR Wrote:  You got some ideas for the Fighters? If not id be happy to give it a shot. Been messing around with small craft a lot lately so.

Well, I wouldnt mind having some fighters that can take off from a flat surface! The Flounder has the right looks and size.

A seahawk helicopter like submarine hunter would be nice. Basically I want the final ship to have the following loadout:

- anti submarine/ship helicopter
- mine dropping helicopter
- anti air fighter
- multi-purpose fighter
- knockout punch wing (apache helicopter)
- ship based bomber (not as big as excisting ones)
2014-11-02, 08:52 PM
(2014-11-02 08:41 PM)samlow Wrote:  
(2014-11-02 08:34 PM)HijackR Wrote:  You got some ideas for the Fighters? If not id be happy to give it a shot. Been messing around with small craft a lot lately so.

Well, I wouldnt mind having some fighters that can take off from a flat surface! The Flounder has the right looks and size.

A seahawk helicopter like submarine hunter would be nice. Basically I want the final ship to have the following loadout:

- anti submarine/ship helicopter
- mine dropping helicopter
- anti air fighter
- multi-purpose fighter
- knockout punch wing (apache helicopter)
- ship based bomber (not as big as excisting ones)

Relative number for each? Would help with getting the size just right.
2014-11-02, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-11-02 09:21 PM by 7thfleet.)
[Image: LcOM7h6.png]
[Image: nsWl4T1.jpg]
It's a 1:1 scale replica of a real ship.
Any guesses?

[Referring to drumstick engines] "majyst:The Rapier? WTF, cant Teamspeak people just build a Lamb ship without trying to cheat the system"
I've made some forum themes.
2014-11-02, 09:11 PM
Samlow your ships is looking great, is it based off something or just making it up as you go along, it reminds me a little of the queen elizibeth class, i can't wait to see more Smile
[Image: Carrier3-1.jpg]

Hmm 7th that ship looks good so far yet i have no idea what it could possibly be, any hints? Big Grin

One thing i can tel however is you are going to have so much fun making the bow for that, it should be interesting to see how you do it. Smile

Elboydos workshop content
I make youtube didn'cha'know?