Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[2.02] EMP charges stop despite having conductive beams available
2016-09-16, 12:10 PM
RE: [1.95886 devtest] EMP charges stop despite having conductive beams available
Right coz the base of a kingstead is on a turn block ......
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-06, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-06 06:53 PM by ARCAGNELL0.)
RE: [1.966] EMP charges stop despite having conductive beams available
Sorry for the necro but the same happens with Impact, only worse because it's got very low AP and the damage waste goes even over 50, maybe even up to 75%. I had 100k damage Impact PACs only manage to shave off 6 metal beams in some cases; and I think it indeed is due to the Damage algorithm only expressing full damage potential when the block that's hit first has a lot of connections to other blocks, something that does not happen when most enemies are actually beamed.

P.S: I should be building a test Platform to showcase this soon, give me a day or two.

I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

(2017-01-23 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote:  I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc
2017-01-06, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-06 06:53 PM by draba.)
Bumping as the problem is still present in the current version.
EMP is pretty weak anyway, this makes it even less practical.

Edit
What are the chances, was typing my own necro right when you posted Smile
2017-01-06, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-06 07:16 PM by ARCAGNELL0.)
(2017-01-06 06:52 PM)draba Wrote:  Bumping as the problem is still present in the current version.
EMP is pretty weak anyway, this makes it even less practical.

Edit
What are the chances, was typing my own necro right when you posted Smile

I'm always stalking the "who's online" section so I noticed a bug report depicting an issue that was driving me furious and started writing about it Tongue Glad to see there are people who still agree on PAC needing a nerf but also sort the damage mechanic a bit better to acctually have PAC do the damage written over in its stats to the enemy vehicle. Easy when it comes to Pierce or Explosion, very hard when it comes to EMP and Impact. xD

Edit: would it not be a better idea to have a direct damage spread like the one Roocraft has? Meaning that Impact/EMP will continue doing damage in all directions until said damage expires instead of getting a considerable amount of said damage "cut off" as sections of the enemy surface being hit are destroyed.

I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

(2017-01-23 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote:  I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc
2017-01-06, 07:15 PM
IMO that would be too simplistic for EMP, herding charges with metal/wood is interesting(I think running out the algorithm with 1000 blocks is a bit cheesy though).
Dunno exactly how impact works, noticed something like what you described when PACs having ~10M nominal damage still only destroyed ~250 blocks but didn't dig too deep.
2017-01-07, 02:21 PM
(On a slightly related note, EMP missiles often don't apply their EMP charge AT ALL XD)
2017-08-10, 09:45 PM
Casually bumping this one, EMP still gets lost in 2.01
2017-08-10, 09:54 PM
(2017-08-10 09:45 PM)draba Wrote:  Casually bumping this one, EMP still gets lost in 2.01

I don't know if you knew it, but it is possible to debug EMP with hits mod:
AC Viewer & EMP debug tool

It works like the impact debug tool.
2017-09-13, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-13 08:12 PM by draba.)
When assembling the list of EmpNodes to damage the algorithm doesn't check whether or not the beam it hits was already destroyed earlier in its path.
For example, a 20K damage EMP blast hitting the end of a HA beam protruding from a metal surface will think it could potentially use up 24K damage in the beam and won't check further than the 4th block, losing 14K damage.

Checking full ancestry would be a massive pain, but a somewhat decent workaround would be at least checking if the block of an EmpNode is the same one as the parent's.
That way tightly packed, aligned HA armor takes full damage much more often.

PHP Code:
Vector3i aP empNode.AP ConstructableEmp._moves[i];
Block blockViaMatrixElement this.C.iBlocks.GetBlockViaMatrixElement(aP);
if (
blockViaMatrixElement != null)
{

EmpNode empNode2 this._nodeArray[aP.1aP.1aP.1];
    if (
empNode2 == null || empNode2.Iteration != this._iteration)
    {

this.NewNode(aPblockViaMatrixElementempNode);
    }
    else if (
empNode2.IsOpen)
    {
        if (
empNode2.Parent.FigureOfMerit empNode.FigureOfMerit)
        {

this._open.Remove(empNode2);

this.NewNode(aPblockViaMatrixElementempNode);
        }
    }