Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[1.95888] Dahak's APS Adjustment +10km LWC +PropellerOverdrive
2016-12-04, 09:51 PM
RE: [1.95888] Dahak's APS Adjustment +10km LWC +PropellerOverdrive
In the prop_adjustment mod it was 600 %, too.
And 1000 % sounds a little bit to much I think.

Le Sir's gaming YouTube channel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-12-04, 10:28 PM
(2016-12-04 12:26 AM)Le Sir Wrote:  
(2016-12-03 07:37 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  In the 'Post-build event', put that:
copy "$(TargetPath)" "$(SolutionDir)..\..\$(TargetFileName)"

And don't forget the quotes, it probably won't work without them.
Still not working Dodgy
Code:
Executing: copy "C:\Users\Shadow Broker\Documents\From The Depths\Mods\Better Propeller\src\Better_Propeller\bin\Release\Better_Propeller.dll" "C:\Users\Shadow Broker\Documents\From The Depths\Mods\Better Propeller\src\Better_Propeller..\..\$(TargetFileName)"

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Failed to execute custom command 'copy': Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
Build: 1 error, 0 warnings
What is wrong with Xamarin? It should work, but it doesn't.
I think I'm just going to switch to Visual Studio...

Sorry, I hadn't noticed you don't use Visual Studio.
The post-build I gave you works with Visual Studio, but it may not work with another environment.
Try that:
copy "$(TargetPath)" "$(SolutionDir)\..\..\Better_Propeller.dll"
If Im' not mistaken it should work in your environment.

That said, your best move if you want to continue modding (or coding) is to switch to Visual Studio.
It's free, and it's the best coding environement. It's faster, more stable, very easy to use (for the common and standard things), the editor is very user-friendly and very advanced, and it comes with a ton of tools (which we never use because there are just too many of them...).

(2016-12-04 12:26 AM)Le Sir Wrote:  
(2016-12-03 07:47 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  I just launched the code analysis on the project, and it showed one potential problem.
In fact it works perfectly fine, but you still have to be careful in the future.

The 'CustomBlockWithPropulsion' class constructor is calling several overridable properties.
That is a design risk (which is sometimes unavoidable) because that means that the overrided properties will be executed before the child constructor is executed.

In your case, 'HugePropeller.PowerUsePerFixedUpdate_get' will be executed before the constructor of the class 'HugePropeller'.
It's not a problem as you don't have a specific constructor for 'HugePropeller' and 'HugePropeller.PowerUsePerFixedUpdate_get' do not use any object initialized in this constructor.

[...]

As long as you don't use any object initialized by the child constructor, you're safe.
But if you use a pointer that is object in the constructor, then you will have a crash.
I have no idea what you are talking about HuhHuh
Does this "problem" have a name or something that I can search for, for a more detailed explanation with examples?
My coding knowledge isn't that great, sadly Blush (I'm working on it)

Sorry, I probably went too far.
I was speaking about a problem that can be very hard to debug.
And even very experienced coders stumble on that bug and can't even begin to understand it.

But I took another look at your code, and I'd say that even if you expand it with a lot of functionalities it's unlikely that you will have this particular problem, so don't bother with it for now.

Just in case, to summarize it, I was speaking about a specific case where a method of a class is executed before the constructor of the class.
This is normally impossible, but in fact it is possible in a very specific case.
And because it's rare, even experiences coders can lose a few hours or days on it.
And in the code you wrote there are a few methods that are executed before the constructor, but it's unlikely to cause any problem because these methods are just 'get' and they do nearly nothing, so it won't cause any problem.

So, don't worry about it, just remember that in some weird cases the constructor may not be called first.
2017-01-13, 11:54 AM
The lack of updates here worries me.
2017-01-13, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-13 05:44 PM by Dahak.)
(2017-01-13 11:54 AM)sillygoy Wrote:  The lack of updates here worries me.

REJOICE THEN.

>>NEW THREAD HERE<<

=========================
This thread is depreciated - I've made a new thread so I have control over the first post, etc.

FOR ALL FURTHER POSTS USE THE NEW THREAD, DO NOT POST HERE.
=========================
2017-10-15, 07:23 AM
Tad confused at to what exactly this mod does.

Changes the damage values?

No, I havn't tested it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-10-15, 07:47 AM
Pretty sure it's outdated.
Carmen was bad at presenting information anyway.
Check the post above, it's a new link.

Combined Communities Front Directorate
Kiso best Light Cruiser. Nagato Best BB.
3100 Hours Ingame and Counting