Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Prefabs
2016-08-05, 11:46 AM
Prefabs
Yo

The ability to add prefabs to the main inventory screens has been added and now I'm looking for some good designs.

I have made something called the RipTide engine which is focused on power density and a single routable exhaust output. It has an "all in one" variant as well as a "start", "middle" and "end" prefab for extending the length of it.

The prefabs are quite fun as you can write a little bit of lore to go with them if you like.

I'm basically asking people to make some nice, relatively small, useful prefabs for addition to the vanilla game.

Our choice will be based on
1) Is the prefab useful and "optimal" for what it is supposed to be doing. We don't want a prefab that after placing requires the user to mess around moving blocks about to make it good. So these prefabs should be pretty good at what they do- but not necessarily objectively good. An example would be a "Outdoor family pro edition" engine that is just the generator and a cylinder and will produce 10 power. It is the smallest engine you can make and if only need 10 power it is perfectly fine. If a 2 block prefab (generator and cylinder) overheats then it is NOT OK as it would require the player to place an exhaust pipe on each "Outdoor family pro edition" but if it does not overheat then it is fine and would be accepted.

2) Is the prefab interesting in some way / has some nice lore or demonstrates a nice concept. For example an automatic flare dispensor with warning cameras, ACBs and missile flare rack (and wireless receiver) might be a nice prefab. Ideally a candidate should be all of these things.

Some other examples I can think of

1) A nice little cram setup that has everything except for the pellet boxes to allow the placer of the prefab to chose what pellets to load it with. The arrangement of the CRAM should be fairly optimal to allow it to be small but efficient.

you'll find your prefabs here C:\Users\Nick\Documents\From The Depths\Player Profiles\[Username]\Prefabs
Just upload the X.blueprint file.

Please provide a picture and a description as well =]

Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-08-05, 11:49 AM
RE: Prefabs
Oh and the prefabs can be "layered" like all the other blocks in the inventory.. so you can (and should) have concepts that stack sub-prefabs away underneath a master prefab.

Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
2016-08-05, 12:08 PM
Prepare 4 dem injecturd engines.

(2015-11-15 12:44 PM)Majyst Wrote:  much better! Now its got a penis.
[Image: WeZtAqO.png]
(2016-08-14 07:50 PM)tmarks11 Wrote:  I have found these 'improvements' far to funny.
TERMIN8R bestest troll mod.
Find all posts by this user
2016-08-05, 12:48 PM
Can I submit my cram toilet?

Just kidding. May rip parts from predread tournament ships to serve as starter APS weapons.

[Image: ztvyyfc]
• Novgorod Naval Technical Board, 1905 Naval Review •
• Secretary to the Empress, Coronan Empire, Anmeberry Accord •
2016-08-05, 01:39 PM
Out of curiosity, is there a reason you changed prefabs from all the blocks being placed at once to the blocks being placed 1 at a time? It can be a little annoying. Sad

There is one way to destroy shadow: light. But light creates more shadow then it destroys...

Many think light is the fastest in the universe. But, wherever light goes, darkness got there first
2016-08-05, 01:50 PM
Auto pumps that automatically adjust waterline, including pitch and roll.
[Image: YDCnnzk.jpg]

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  6.blueprint (Size: 26.56 KB / Downloads: 40)
2016-08-05, 01:53 PM
(2016-08-05 01:39 PM)ShaadowMaaster Wrote:  Out of curiosity, is there a reason you changed prefabs from all the blocks being placed at once to the blocks being placed 1 at a time? It can be a little annoying. Sad

maybe it caused a crapton of lag and that's why it was changed. i like it more that it places 1 block at a time due to some things i did prefab did not paste correctly.
2016-08-05, 01:56 PM
(2016-08-05 01:39 PM)ShaadowMaaster Wrote:  Out of curiosity, is there a reason you changed prefabs from all the blocks being placed at once to the blocks being placed 1 at a time? It can be a little annoying. Sad

To make it work in multiplayer

2016-08-05, 02:47 PM
I made a twin version of RipTide engine. It perfectly fits 9*7*3 bounding box making it easier to place. It has two routable exhausts (because it has two engine blocks) and 9m^3 fuel tank.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  RipTideTwin.blueprint (Size: 80.03 KB / Downloads: 18)
2016-08-05, 04:21 PM
(2016-08-05 02:47 PM)ArtemKa_MK2 Wrote:  I made a twin version of RipTide engine. It perfectly fits 9*7*3 bounding box making it easier to place. It has two routable exhausts (because it has two engine blocks) and 9m^3 fuel tank.

You should combining 4 RipTide engines into 1 and call it Unity 4 Tongue

My Blueprint Tools