Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Naval AI with terrain & friendly avoidance, evasive maneuvers [2017-05-21]
2017-02-09, 06:22 PM
RE: Naval AI with terrain & friendly avoidance, evasive maneuvers [2017-01-18]
(2017-02-09 02:27 PM)Shaun Wrote:  This is great! Just needs support for paddles

I personally don't use paddle ships that often (or rather: at all Tongue), so probably not something I would prioritize. (Though there's a few things in the code that probably have to happen first, which I will look into soon.)

What would be needed to support them? Just driving spin blocks oriented left/right?

(2017-02-09 06:03 PM)CptLego Wrote:  @OP is it possible to set up a lua controller to switch shield mode from reflect to laser absorb? in adventure i dont really have that ability on other ships only the one im on and ofcourse i cant warp to the ship or get 3rd person view so they are truely independant.

I know this pain. But what would be used as a trigger to switch the shield mode? Lua can't read the laser detector. And unfortunately, the complex controller doesn't work over remote control.

(And there's a roundabout way for Lua to detect laser hits, but it requires: 1) no fuel engines, and 2) no resource sharing. Which seems lame...)

What I end up doing is putting two ACBs near the remote ships' "build origin" (you know, when you select a ship and hit "build" -- the place where the cursor starts). Then I just manually go to build mode and then hit the appropriate ACB.

Yeah, it's cheesy, but there doesn't seem to be any other way.

Other alternative to to teleport over and switch it yourself (by binding a key to those ACBs), which I usually do for my larger ships.

My Workshop | My FtD Lua Scripts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-02-10, 12:37 PM
RE: Naval AI with terrain & friendly avoidance, evasive maneuvers [2017-01-18]
(2017-02-09 06:22 PM)ZerothAngel Wrote:  
(2017-02-09 02:27 PM)Shaun Wrote:  This is great! Just needs support for paddles

I personally don't use paddle ships that often (or rather: at all Tongue), so probably not something I would prioritize. (Though there's a few things in the code that probably have to happen first, which I will look into soon.)

What would be needed to support them? Just driving spin blocks oriented left/right?

(2017-02-09 06:03 PM)CptLego Wrote:  @OP is it possible to set up a lua controller to switch shield mode from reflect to laser absorb? in adventure i dont really have that ability on other ships only the one im on and ofcourse i cant warp to the ship or get 3rd person view so they are truely independant.

I know this pain. But what would be used as a trigger to switch the shield mode? Lua can't read the laser detector. And unfortunately, the complex controller doesn't work over remote control.

(And there's a roundabout way for Lua to detect laser hits, but it requires: 1) no fuel engines, and 2) no resource sharing. Which seems lame...)

What I end up doing is putting two ACBs near the remote ships' "build origin" (you know, when you select a ship and hit "build" -- the place where the cursor starts). Then I just manually go to build mode and then hit the appropriate ACB.

Yeah, it's cheesy, but there doesn't seem to be any other way.

Other alternative to to teleport over and switch it yourself (by binding a key to those ACBs), which I usually do for my larger ships.

That build origin is a Lamb good idea, i hadnt thought of that. thanks for the reply
2017-05-23, 04:39 AM
RE: Naval AI with terrain & friendly avoidance, evasive maneuvers [2017-05-21]
Added AttackDistance option. When set (and it should be a number between MinDistance and MaxDistance), it represents the ideal attack distance for the vehicle which it will try to maintain independent of the other distance settings.

Also wrote up some basic docs, since with the addition of this new option + the somewhat recent switch of control to my 6DOF module, configuration has probably become more confusing than ever.

My Workshop | My FtD Lua Scripts
2017-06-03, 06:15 PM
Did you get round to doing one for tank steering? ( I guess that is very like paddle steering, actually ). I guess it just needs to find all sideways-pointing propulsion & attach those to yaw for tanks, at least - that's slightly easier than working out which paddlewheel spinblocks to use. If not I'll throw it on the big list of things to look at I have...

ACB tank steering works, but the binary nature does reduce the tank's possible top speed considerably.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - 6 ships made 2.0 aware. Regularily doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again; great game but not worth the literal headache.
2017-07-05, 11:38 PM
Can I set this script to use spin block rudders from After Cataclysm Mod?