Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
1.9544 [dev test and development]
2016-05-21, 08:56 AM
1.9544 [dev test and development]
WF:3 Crash and Burn has had RP limit reduced

Player skills have been moderately reworked and I'd finally now consider them complete. Those skills that do nothing at all are no longer displayed and will become visible when they are added back in.

Notable additions:

1) Fleet Armour Smiths embue resistence to all forms of damage except EMP. EMP damage is increased if you use this skill.
2) Miner has been moved to Faction buffs... because it is one. It's now called Seismic scanning or something. Miner may come back as a Captain buff one day as well.
3) Large weapons buff allows you to turn the minigun and grenade launcher in to series weapons of mass destruction
4) No skill affects gravity or air density any more
5) Engineer increases engine efficiency and cooling (which futher increases engine efficiency). We may add a faction buff for this as well as this is a Captain buff at the moment.

Tactical Nuke no longer explodes when force taken out of play. Does explode when vehicle scrapped but that is intentional.

Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-05-21, 09:52 AM
RE: 1.9544 [dev test and development]
(2016-05-21 08:56 AM)Nick Smart Wrote:  Tactical Nuke no longer explodes when force taken out of play. Does explode when vehicle scrapped but that is intentional.

I didn't hear anything about TACTICAL NUKES!?

Ok then, not gonna question it.

The king of tweaking and follows lore!

[Image: chonions.png]

Mr. Smiley does not approve of your feeble ship shenanigans.
Find all posts by this user
2016-05-21, 09:56 AM
Tactical nukes are pretty awsome Big Grin
Especially when compined with a rack of 4x500mm Frag shells to drill holes through ships (sometimes works, it's a bit random where/how the frags go when the shells detonate)

Although ramming still causes a bit of a lag spike when two ships come close to each other.

くコ:彡
2016-05-21, 10:44 AM
(2016-05-21 09:52 AM)T-L-Maelstrom Wrote:  
(2016-05-21 08:56 AM)Nick Smart Wrote:  Tactical Nuke no longer explodes when force taken out of play. Does explode when vehicle scrapped but that is intentional.

yea, me neither but it was apperantly needed for the land campaign.
2016-05-21, 10:46 AM
(2016-05-21 09:56 AM)KuroTerrorSquid Wrote:  Tactical nukes are pretty awsome Big Grin
Especially when compined with a rack of 4x500mm Frag shells to drill holes through ships (sometimes works, it's a bit random where/how the frags go when the shells detonate)

Although ramming still causes a bit of a lag spike when two ships come close to each other.

You're devious...
2016-05-21, 10:48 AM
(2016-05-21 10:44 AM)Kreuzheber Wrote:  
(2016-05-21 09:52 AM)T-L-Maelstrom Wrote:  

yea, me neither but it was apperantly needed for the land campaign.

nope, was working on a WF naval mission, was complaining to nick about rams not doing so well, made a comment about the april fools nuke would go great on these, and next thing I know its happening.

Just happens to work great on a WF land suicide unit too, but thats not the reason.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"If you claim that a change is destroying the game your exaggeration just make me ignore you" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2016-05-21, 10:48 AM
Anyone got any tips for a "missile" aerial AI? Mine sort of works, but usually over or undershoots the target slightly.

Attached the ICBM I am currently working on. It is intended to be docked with -90 elevation (so a vertical launch system). Note: It is "slightly" overkill with its number of tactical nukes, so expect some heavy lag when looking at the explosion.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  TN ICBM.blueprint (Size: 62.13 KB / Downloads: 28)

Nuclear Reactor Mod v0.9.81
Future Tech Mod, tomorrows technology today! - Discontinued
2016-05-21, 11:33 AM
(2016-05-21 10:48 AM)gruntmaster1 Wrote:  Anyone got any tips for a "missile" aerial AI? Mine sort of works, but usually over or undershoots the target slightly.

I use goduranus'es Kamikaze lua,
Honorable
mainly because getting the default aerial AI to work properly is a pain in the butt.

Ramming AI would be nice Big Grin

These are indeed very tactical nukes, the damage is not amazing but they are usefull for cripling ships before other forces engage (or would be if repair bots didn't fix the damage in 30 seconds :b)

Also shorter barrels when ?

くコ:彡
2016-05-21, 11:56 AM
whats the difference between fleet and captain buffs?
2016-05-21, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-21 12:20 PM by Lukasmah.)
Tactical nukes, huh?

Interesting. > : )

Götterdämmerung muss fliegen.