Quote this message in a reply
2016-05-23, 07:49 PM
RE: A Strange Request
You can always just type it into the search bar though Smile
Find all posts by this user
2018-02-13, 01:59 AM
I know I'm dropping in really late, and I doubt I'll get a reply. But I don't have a password for the old login system. I bought the game after it was on steam.
2018-02-25, 05:41 PM
I am interested in getting to play some pre 1.6 again,. but I haven't gotten that backed up unfortunately. I only learned of the method last week.
I am trying currently to work the planet editor to get a few oldschool FtD vibes back with all the benefits of the new one, but that's pretty makeshift Atm.

so, I don't know if any olden neckbeard here has the option to privately share a backup of the old version or how this works?
but since this thread is here now, and the request is up. I would love to get a version of 1.596 or slightly prior (from the old campaign style era Smile )

I hope that we'll get something worked out.

Imperium Age of Sail Dev Idea
2018-02-26, 03:22 AM
(2018-02-25 05:41 PM)Carolus Magnus Wrote:  I am interested in getting to play some pre 1.6 again,. but I haven't gotten that backed up unfortunately. I only learned of the method last week.
I am trying currently to work the planet editor to get a few oldschool FtD vibes back with all the benefits of the new one, but that's pretty makeshift Atm.

so, I don't know if any olden neckbeard here has the option to privately share a backup of the old version or how this works?
but since this thread is here now, and the request is up. I would love to get a version of 1.596 or slightly prior (from the old campaign style era Smile )

I hope that we'll get something worked out.

You can find lots of really old versions of ftd here: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...hp?tid=241
the only problem is that you need a password and associated email just to play it. Normally you would've gotten it through donating $10 through paypal and getting emailed the key. but you can't do that anymore and you still need a key.
2018-02-28, 09:39 PM
(2018-02-26 03:22 AM)BlasticusSaturn Wrote:  You can find lots of really old versions of ftd here: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...hp?tid=241
the only problem is that you need a password and associated email just to play it. Normally you would've gotten it through donating $10 through paypal and getting emailed the key. but you can't do that anymore and you still need a key.

phew, that's some history right there SleepyBig Grin

Those are a bit older than I was looking for though (was fervently praying for 1.5968) - and yeah, I only got the game when it was released on steam -somewhere in 2015 I believe?- so I haven't gotten a key. Confused Dodgy

Imperium Age of Sail Dev Idea
2018-02-28, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-28 10:20 PM by Targa.)
Follow the instructions found here to get any older version of the game (Steam users only):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/...a_game_on/

Good luck figuring out which of all those 182 manifests refer to v1.596... Big Grin

Edit: All the files in my copy of v1.596 are dated around February 2015, so that may at least give you a starting point.
2018-03-01, 12:58 PM
I’ll proably spend a couple of hours looking for 1.83

A force as voracious as time itself.
A void as cryptic as reality itself.
An enigma as vexing as life itself.
[Image: HjaVgvK.jpg]