Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 4.58 Average
Black Flag Airships (Fleet BP dump)- New! Revolution-Class Battlecruiser!
2018-07-19, 07:20 PM
RE: Black Flag Airships (Fleet BP dump)- New! Revolution-Class Battlecruiser!
Stick to your guns man, to what your good at and love. I wish ships I made looked half this good lol

(Is in your ship, stealing your turrets!)

Mods/extra blocks

After Cataclysm (and the separate 'railings' mod as well)
Dynamic Kinetics Simple Re-skin (armored glass)
Wrought Iron Armor
Structural Foam
Aero-alloy
More Corners 0.3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-07-19, 08:23 PM
(2018-07-19 07:20 PM)Greyfell Wrote:  Stick to your guns man, to what your good at and love. I wish ships I made looked half this good lol

^^this. I don't like building meta ships really either, and your ships all have a great and consistent aesthetic to them.
2018-07-20, 12:01 AM
In all fairness, the only one that causes real issues with an "out-of-the-box" blueprint is the missing receivers. Its weapons seem to work well enough (after adding vanilla receivers) so whatever those mods do weapon-wise doesn't interfere with ability to function.

Since railings don't have any problematic things happen when they turn to wood blocks anyway, I'd only suggest maybe using vanilla recievers but otherwise doing what they suggest and continue using those rails and the other decor you like.

Shield-wise, its really up to you and/or anyone who wants to use them. If you wanted shields but don't want to sacrifice appearance, you could set them as transparent as possible and ACB them to turn off outside of battle, but there is nothing wrong with leaving them out if you aren't trying to make the most epic ship ever (from a strength perspective anyway. These ships are strong contenders for epic looks).

Your giant expensive powerful warship of doom can be destroyed by dropping an anvil on it. One day, I will finally have enough engines to actually make a ship without stopping to make more engines.