Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 4.58 Average
Black Flag Airships (Fleet BP dump)- New! Revolution-Class Battlecruiser!
2016-04-26, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-04-26 04:36 AM by HaliBURD.)
RE: Black Flag Naval Air-stead (Fleet BP dump)
Time to change it up a bit Big Grin
I kinda lied when I said this would focus on just airships, as I have a few structures here that I use in coastal defense.

Standard AA installation:
[Image: SpRdR63h.png]

Firepower:
-One 40mm 5 barreled flak gun
-One 25mm 5 barreled autocannon

Overview:
-Cheap
-Dakka (Lots of dakka since it`s cheap *Wink*)
-Small
-No armor
-Explosive

Lore Synopsis:
All along coastlines in BFN territory litter these structures. Never built alone, these structures guard canals, resource zones and the islands and coasts closest to the borders. Aircraft be wary for if one is firing at you, a storm is to follow suite.
BP:
.blueprint  AAturretAPS.blueprint (Size: 65.92 KB / Downloads: 110)

CRAM Coastal Defense Turret
[Image: J6ZkRe9h.png]

Firepower:
- A single 1364mm cram cannon firing HE and AP pellets with a inertial fuse.

Overview:
-Cheap
-Turns islands into warships/fortresses if you add enough of these and the prior
-Punchy for the cost (Though not as much as it could be)
-No armor

Lore Synopsis:
A semi-tall observation tower oft placed in high places on islands and the ilk. The smart minded shall also observe the green tracers that streak across the sky towards oneself... However the smart minded do not dare approach a land mass with these silhouetting the sky in the first place.
BP:
.blueprint  CRAMTurret.blueprint (Size: 60.33 KB / Downloads: 105)

Star Burst Experimental Anti Airship/ Air Squadron installation
[Image: XJABXp7h.png]

Firepower:
- Three 5 barreled 30mm chainguns firing APDS
- A single 480mm Dual gun turret firing an experimental Airburst frag warhead

Overview:
- A concept at this stage, tests were satisfactory against tight-nit aerial squadrons/small aircraft and large lumbering airships that do not feature significant shield coverage
- Decent ROF with the 480mm gun
- Decent Anti-surface capabilities as well
- No armor
- Explosive

Lore Synopsis:
An experimental test-bed for the 480mm Star Burst anti air round. The cannon features a decent re-fire rate despite being primarily just a mock-up.
The shell fired is a unique shell in that it uses a wide spray of fragmentation pellets, detonated via a timed fuse detonating the shell before ever hitting the target, to shred air squadrons and enemy airships. While AA with the APDS autocannons was more then satisfactory it was deemed necessary to have a weapon system that could deal damage to many targets at once. Thus a mockup cannons was made to test the shells capabilities. Tests proved that it was capable of shredding off bits and pieces of even the most largest of targets eventually deteriorating the armor. Against small aircraft it could easily disable most craft if caught in main blast radius. Shields continued to pose a problem but that was to be expected.
Tests were satisfactory enough to begin implementation of a refined variant onto the Memento Mori Project reviving the then stagnating interest in the necessity of the project.
BP:
.blueprint  Starburst AA installation.blueprint (Size: 98.71 KB / Downloads: 115)

^ *Has a serious problem when it comes to building.... Can never bother to change out of the wood building blocks*
Also loves making things fly..... Even if they really shouldn`t.
Makes the dirtiest, grimiest, Cringeworthy ship related puns ever.
[Image: aq47WXu.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-04-26, 02:20 PM
Just wondering, but why do the APDS cannons on your Star Burst Experimental Anti Airship installation have laser designators?

[Image: Xx28lJc.gif]
2016-04-26, 09:23 PM
(2016-04-26 02:20 PM)Astral Wrote:  Just wondering, but why do the APDS cannons on your Star Burst Experimental Anti Airship installation have laser designators?
I initially used them in a test to see if volumetric fire with APS CIWS was just as viable as large calibre CIWS. That flopped but I liked the aesthetic so I kept it on.

^ *Has a serious problem when it comes to building.... Can never bother to change out of the wood building blocks*
2016-04-27, 01:50 AM
Those cannons are huge.
2016-04-30, 06:04 AM
Two Capital ships this time. The Updated Nemesis Class (Project 13) and the Myriad.

Nemesis-Class Large Cruiser Mk.9
[Image: mPxYmKgh.png]
*The Nemesis-Class with the MAS "Phantom" refit.

Firepower:
-2 triple 290mm gun turrets firing HEAT
-10 dual 183mm gun turrets firing HESH
-9 dual 165mm gun turrets firing HEAT
-1 105mm gun firing APCR
-6 94mm guns firing APCR
-8 dual 57mm guns firing APDS
-4 30mm gatling guns firing APDS
-1 82mm railgun firing APDS
-2 triple missile turrets
-2 torpedoes

Overview:
-Immense volume of broadside firepower.
-Shield Cracker, capable of defeating shields fairly easily.
-Refitted shields (Still probably not optimized properly probably).
-Decently mobile going 30+m/s.
-Fuel consumption dropped by limiting energy consumption via railgun and shields.
-Energy consumption cut via limiting railgun fire to 5rpm.
-Lowered RPM results in less DPM but keeps the railgun at top charge and NOT dwindling the engine power.
-Armor is still fragile.
-Has shell clipping issues when running away, though only superficial.
-LAM defense is only for emergencies.

Lore Synopsis:
The most current upgrade of the Nemesis class. It has been fitted with two new engines and a few more secondary guns at the cost of the catapult/float plane hanger. Fitted with a different shield known as Modular Armor Shields. This in preparation for the Nemesis`s transition from a project to a main combat vessel. Fielded to counter the increasing prolific use of shields by the opposing factions, the Nemesis is not a traditional Capital ship as it has no effective damage against armored targets. Suited to fleet combat the Nemesis is actually capable of attrition battles due to it`s heavily adjusted fuel and energy consumption.
Nicknamed the Phantom due to the secrecy of the details of the project and the suspense felt from the surreal electrical buzz from the railgun charging up.
So much reference so little time...
BP:
.blueprint  Nemesis Class Large Aerial Cruiser Mk-9MAS Phantom.blueprint (Size: 1.01 MB / Downloads: 134)
Original Post: Project 13

Myriad-Class Aviation cruiser:
[Image: h9j43zAh.png]
*Myriad as she was prior to the battle of Cold Loch

Firepower:
-3 Single 402mm guns firing HESH
-1 Single 500mm gun firing HESH
-2 Missile tubes
-2 aircraft spawners (Defunct, aircraft no longer work due to engine update)
-1 Heli tractor beam

Overview:
- Broadside vessel, it has deceptively good firepower
- Capable of holding and spawning a few aircraft
- No armor or shields
- 16m/s top speed

Lore Synopsis:
The Myriad cruiser was bore out of the need to develop a vessel that could carry fighters and attack aircraft to a battle zone. It was also to have decent firepower to protect itself if the need arose. Possessing no shields after the ancient engines salvaged from various wrecked vessels found wrecked around Eriwick were sabotaged and replaced. It`s suspected a person in a shark costume went around replacing them in the middle of the night while no one was looking ranting "This is is such a pain in the fins, I`mma miss these magical dream machines! Now to replace all these engines *Sigh*".

The Myriad met it`s demise after 2 cram shell volleys from a Bulwark struck it`s side splitting the Myriad in half. For some reason, however, despite it`s apparent sinking there`s apparently an arms dealer going around giving away stock-hull Myriad clones... The person appears to be wearing a shark costume...
Cool wonder who that could be, huh?
BP:
.blueprint  Myriad_Class_Aviation_Cruiser.blueprint (Size: 907.12 KB / Downloads: 114)

2016-04-30, 02:17 PM
I'd like to see higher res pics, those are some seriously sexy turrets on the Nemesis. Smile

Sometimes finishes things.
2016-04-30, 02:30 PM
these are just too cool, your building skills are amazing

[Image: WE3eo57.jpg]
2016-04-30, 05:18 PM
I'm really liking the design of the Nemesis. Definitely do not want that thing popping out of the clouds as a surprise.
2016-05-01, 04:08 AM
(2016-04-30 02:17 PM)Twei Wrote:  I'd like to see higher res pics, those are some seriously sexy turrets on the Nemesis. Smile
Been using imgur for my screenshots, I`ll try steams screenshot capping for the next stuff

2016-05-01, 05:05 PM
I really like the Nemesis, it has a "Space Battleship Yamato"-quality about it which i really like.

I might have mentioned this before, but i think some of the airships are a bit too long. More specifically, they have sections which are long with a uniform thickness, which just makes them look like flying canes, like the aft of the Myriad. The Nemesis is a great example of how to fix this - make it thicker in the middle, with decreasing thickness the further out it goes. I wish the other ones had this as well.